1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

omg...decision making at the end

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by awo86, Feb 15, 2007.

Tags:
  1. awo86

awo86 Rookie

t-mac did not get any shot at the last 3 possession of the game, causing us to lose the game.
    I would like to start this thread so people can discuss our guy's decision making process down the strtch, especially that of rafer alston. (a little of luther's decision as well)
    With this thread, hopefully people in this forum will finally understand and agree why we need a backup pg with capability to help rafer when neccesary.

2. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Luther Head isn't my favorite player right now. His horrible decision making seems to be at it's worst when we play Dallas. Add that to the fact he can't hit shots against them and you start wondering why Snyder doesn't get Luther's minutes when we face Dallas.

I guess we wouldn't even have to talk about this, however, if Tmac could make a free throw every one in a while. Dallas did everything but gift wrap this game for Tmac and Co.

3. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

T-Mac better sit down with Luther and tell him a thing or two. There is no way in hell anybody other that T-Mac should have been handling the ball with 10 seconds left. A shot by Tracy from anywhere on the court in that circumstance was our best shot.

Not to mention Head shot it with 5 seconds left. I like Luther, but at times he is an absolutely terrible decision maker.

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

That's what the post-game analysis thread is for.

5. desertdog2k

desertdog2k Member

Gave the game away.

6. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Luther head, one day he's a hero and the next day everyone wants to pitch fork him. He's young and makes plenty of mistakes, but it is crazy to think that he doesn't belong out there in the 4th qtr. Hopefully this serves as experience come playoff time.

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Dallas is a better team than us. That should be abundantly clear by now. We didn't give away a damn thing. They just beat us.

8. stevesazninvazn

To tell you guys the truth, I really think that Luther was more at fault that Rafer. Now, I know that Rafer completely sucked, but Luther made some absolutely terrible decisions. (i.e. That last bank shot that not even Tim Duncan could have made) Now on to ranting about TMac's final decision. Okay, so he's our best player, but I think we should criticize when criticism is due. Why did he slow down and take his time with 4.2 seconds left? Why didn't he drive when he only had one guy on him? (Think it was Buckner I'm not sure) Cool, now I'm done. P.S. Nice last shot by Juwan

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

When the game is on the line, you put the ball in the hands of your best player ... T-Mac. That said, i thought we played extreemly hard tonight, and I am very with the way we look. We can beat these guys.

10. Cook1ez

Cook1ez Member

I didn't really watch the game at all..LOL
    can you guys tell me if luther's shot was off...or WAYY off or if anyone else( preferably tmac) was open?

11. rayrocket

rayrocket Member

This play, wo lost because of low FT percentage.

12. jason_long

jason_long Member

blame luther, i like him, and he did make some clutch shots in the 4th. but I think he is getting too overconfident about himself. He is neither t-mac nor kobe. The ball should go through t-mac, especially the last 3 possession. Luther thinks he can the man every night. He is not even in the starting lineup.

13. Rollazn

Rollazn Member

Rafer didn't do a great job at getting the ball to TMAC at the end. Luther made a couple of bad decisions at the end. Tracy missed many free throws in crunch time.

The blame shouldn't be just on Rafer or Luther.

14. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

There were a lot of mistakes, T-Mac's FT shooting included, but the last minute was INEXCUSIBLE.

When the announcers have to make a comment about the "scowl on McGrady's face", you know he's f*cking pissed.

15. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

I'm not conceding that until Yao gets back.

16. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

They had the exact same percentage as us. 5 for 13. We lost because of bad shot selection at the end. Luther and Rafer can't hit shots off the dribble consistently and that's what they took. We couldn't make those shots and their doubles on Tmac worked.

When Yao is here, we won't be seeing more of that crap.

17. blackbird

blackbird Member

I think Rafer and Lurther have some mental problems. Rafer should slow down the pace when T-Mac sat on bench, and protect the ball. Lurther only know how to shoot open 3, why shot so many 2pt jumper? They often lost their mind. So sad.

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

There's a reason the ball wasn't going to T-Mac. The Mavericks were forcing other players to make a play. And none of them could. If we're going to be a successful team, other players need to have the confidence and the allowance to take big shots down the stretch if that's the what defense is giving us. We have to live with those shots.

The real reasons we lost this game comes down to the basic fundementals: defensive rebounding and free throws.

19. awo86

awo86 Rookie

how about rafer's decision at the second to last possesion to drive the ball in when he (as well as every dallas maverick on the court) knows he can do nothing but to pass the ball, and as a result the posession turns into an almost air-ball hook shot from howard, with t-mac standing outside watching.

20. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Where is kirk Snyder?