1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Omer Asik's alley-oop fail

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Nanisteru, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Penetrate&Creat

Asik is not on Dwight's level, anyone who says he is is delusional. But cut the guy some slack, he's barely played all season.

His defensive prowess however is elite, almost up there with Dwight's.

2. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Looked like the same ol' offensive juggernaut from last season to me.

3. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I seriously got to ask... did OP even watch the Rockets last year? Beyond our first few horribly unsuccessful attempts, I don't think we even bothered to throw up the ball for Asik.

4. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

When well conditioned and healthy he's a better man on man defender than Dwight but Dwight is redeeming himself since I think his back has fully healed and he's happier in Houston. Some guys could give less about the championship and just like to play basketball and get paid. Success in the Play Offs or Championship is just a bonus novelty to them. Asik seems to be of that variety. You gotta figure that this guy is a young 27/28 in terms of actual play mileage and probably shouldn't be judged on age. In American basketball terms Asik is closer to 23 in terms of mileage.

5. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

That's Zomer Asik right there.

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

fify.

Not understanding the OP's desire to single out Asik based on A) his offense and B) a missed layup that included contact and lots of pressure