1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Omer Asik's alley-oop fail

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Nanisteru, Feb 13, 2014.

1. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I think Asik knows he's pretty much here to stay for the season at this point. No reason for him to be upset if he's not traded anymore since hehasn't been healthy.

That alley-oop was not a play that he would typically finish even if fully conditioned. He would usually have to come down with it and set, then go back up.

I'm encouraged by his defense though. He just has a natural ability to be in the right position to force tough shots.

2. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

The fail is on the part of the passer. You don't throw alley-oop passes to Omer. Omer has never played above the rim.

3. Deniz

Deniz Member

4. dragician

dragician Member

what do you guys expect, this dude has heavy balls.

5. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Regression implies that Asik was able to make this sort of play BEFORE injury/time off. Asik was NEVER able to make that sort of play. This is not regression, just on par with typical Asik ineptitude on offense.

6. photojoe

photojoe Member

Come on- dude hasn't played in months, and even when he was playing, this was about what we would have expected on offense.

Defense and rebounding he is still a stud.

He still has the skills to be a starting level center, or if he stays with us the best backup center in the league by far!

7. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

You should of saw that live. Oh God that was horrible.

8. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Most Houston assets are worried that their trigger-happy GM Daryl Morey will trade them to Siberia for some collection of picks and first-round busts. Asik worries that he'll never be traded.

Morey trolls assets hard!

9. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

His thigh contusion caused a nasty swelling down to his knee, man couldn't keep in shape at all.

10. 5KR4TCH

5KR4TCH Contributing Member

Wait so you're telling me he is no longer the lob city catching alley oop monster with the beast of hands catches everything or stellar athleticism. Morley trade this sack of crap. The nerve of this jabroni coming back to the team with just defensive rebounding and badass defense.

11. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

lol haters get silenced when we're successful. Sometimes I wonder if they actually are true rockets fan. Sometimes I think they'd rather mchale/omer/jeremy to fail just to prove their points.

12. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Yeah, it should have been thrown a little lower so Omer could catch it on the floor, and then go back up.

13. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I disagree. It wasn't a alley oop pass in traffic but a clear space one. The man's conditioning is horrible. I would set the man on an elliptical with a decent 30 minute conditioning program and see if he could muster up 2000+ revolutions in that time alloted. This would definitely help him get that cardio target and save his joints for practice and games.

14. Mariachi ROCKET

That was a money move. I would love to trade Omer straight up with Nene and sprinkle in a pick per say

15. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Again... this has NOTHING to do with his condition. The moment you throw up an alley oop to Asik, it can be considered a failed play. Is his condition bad? Yes! Would it affect this play? No, because even when he was completely healthy, that play wouldn't happen anyways. Asik cannot get up high enough to make a successful oop. This is not regression or conditioning, but rather the inherent lack of ups and athleticism in Asik.

16. archinkent

archinkent Member

I have never seen an alleyoop play ran for Asik the last season but I guess they were so used to alleyoop to Howard.

17. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Omer "hot potato" Asik

18. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Asik's dunks don't even look right. He's good for other things though.

19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He still recovering from that bruised vagina.

20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Asik can barely catch the ball while on the ground - lobbing it to him is a disaster waiting to happen.