1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Omer Asik Trade. Rumors, Tweets and Updates. (Deadline Dec 20th)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheDr34m, Dec 14, 2013.

1. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

[​IMG]

2. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

PM = $19mil less Nov/Dec checks
    OA = $20.5 mil less Nov/Dec checks

where's the $$$ beef?

3. BeardlyBeardman

I was skeptical the whole way. Doc was saying that was a done deal back before the All Star Game last year. Then even when he had his "mid-air change of heart" and everyone was imploding and burning the internet down, he sent out a coded tweet saying not to worry that it was in the bag. I respect the Doc. Like any source, I think he gets info and shares what he gets, but there's no guarantee what he gets won't change.

4. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Parsons is averaging 17 points on 51 percent shooting... and nearly 40% from three. For $0.95 million!

5. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

4x2= 8...we're getting schaub

6. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

More was trying to trade lin in the offseason and the best offer he got was Calderon. Considering next season he'll be owed I trust that single GM over you.

7. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Easily the best contract in the league.

8. bmd

bmd Member

URICH.. RICH... Richard... Richard... Dick... Dick... Dick Bavetta?

We're getting Dick Bavetta.

9. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

He does realize Parson's rookie deal ends same time as Millsap who is going to get a pay raise right?

10. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

doc's post sounds like clyde frazier doing play by play, guess we're getting carmelo :)

11. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

SON OF A b****!

12. Andrew Wiggins

Is it just me is everyone trying to understate Asik's value. I get the feeling that if he was owed $8.3 million in his final season and his cap hit was $15 million then everyone would be pointing out the cap hit will limit them.

The facts remainL
    1) Asik is still a bargain for an average of $10.9 million for 2 seasons.
    2) I would rather have Asik's current contract than one where the cap hit is $10.9 million this season and next. More cap flexibility = win.

13. hooroo

hooroo Member

Woj said 5-6 teams are on the mix. So that's 5-6 teams bidding for Asik.

The Hawks are playing dirty in the media. They want him but at a discount when there's a healthy market.

Morey must punish the Hawks by upping the price for Asik for Atlanta. More picks!

14. torocan

torocan Member

The flaw with this article is the assumption that the Hawks can make a meaningful play off run relying on Millsap and Horford's offense. Playing without strong paint protection in the play offs is a recipe for failure unless you have obscene athleticism ala Miami.

Given that Atlanta is a very average team offensively (#13 offensive efficiency) and a very average team defensively (#15 defensive efficiency), and that it is FAR easier to get decent offensive impact players than rim protection, I get the distinct feeling that Atlanta is protesting too much.

http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/defensive-efficiency

If I were standing outside a negotiation room and getting these sort of updates, my first thought would be, "So why are these guys still talking?"

Ferry is a very smart GM, and his organization is water tight in terms of leaks. I believe he knows that reliable size in the paint is an absolute necessity when you hit the play offs, especially since their most likely opponents in the 2nd round are Indiana (tons of size) and Miami (vulnerable to size). While Millsap has high value as a stretch 4, it is not that hard to find players available that can score.

That doesn't mean that Atlanta is in a rush to part with Millsap for Asik, however I do wonder why they're still being considered as part of the front runners at all if they're so cool on Asik. Sounds to me more like they're interested in Asik but are trying playing hard ball.

I think Ferry is fully aware that Atlanta has little hope against the likes of Indiana or Miami if he doesn't have a strong 7 footer at the rim.

15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Get this Texans crap out of here. This is the GARM and for Rockets related talk only. I don't care about an over-rated team like the Texans with delusional fans who were screaming championship before the season started.

16. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

What time is the self-imposed deadline?

17. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

Well played sir. Well played.

18. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Don't know what to make of docs tweets

19. Andrew Wiggins

fixed.

Also, why do fans/media reporters care more about the business side of basketball than how Asik's contract allows teams more cap flexibility.

20. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I am keeping my expectations low. Even though a young, tall, legit starting C should command a pretty good price, the fact that he’s not playing at all for us, has a $15 million balloon next year and our self imposed deadline doesn’t have us in the driver’s seat. The best we can do is try and pit one team’s lowball offer against another’s to raise the price to get something of some value.