1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Omer Asik Trade. Rumors, Tweets and Updates. (Deadline Dec 20th)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheDr34m, Dec 14, 2013.

1. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>But I must note that Rockets' GM Daryl Morey always makes a deadline trade and we still have three hours left until trade season is over</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/statuses/436545120347762688">February 20, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. jacoby

jacoby Member

"Rockets leaning towards keeping Omer BUT YOU NEVER KNOW WITH MOREY."

Perfect example of how poor sports journalism has become. Leak news saying that Rockets will likely keep Asik but make another tweet saying Morey "always makes moves". This way Stein looks right either way and he builds credibility.

Shameful.

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

that $15M baloon payment

4. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>As for Spencer Hawes, <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Cavs&amp;src=hash">#Cavs</a>' Mike Brown wanted another big. GM Griffin unwilling to give up 1st &amp; player for contract of <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Rockets&amp;src=hash">#Rockets</a>' Omer Asik</p>&mdash; Sam Amico (@SamAmicoFSO) <a href="https://twitter.com/SamAmicoFSO/statuses/436568515403710464">February 20, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

6. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Omer said he is not feeling well

7. CCorn

CCorn Member

Asik you better work your ass off. You now know morey isn't taking pennies on the dollar. It's up to you to pump your trade value up for the offseason

8. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Asik, no better place to increase your value than a playoff run!

9. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

48 minutes of rim protection will be cool. Really cool.

10. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Last night was his best game yet since his 30 game hiatus from what I saw.

I guess tonight, we see if that was a pre-deadline performance or not.

11. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

While I agree with you, the Lakers were EXCEPTIONALLY bad last night at pretty much all facets of the game. In fact, Omer was terrible when it came to finishing around the rim. He needs to get back to his form from last season if he wants GMs from other teams to buy back into him.

12. jim1961

jim1961 Member

While his box score was better, what I saw that I really liked was some motor.

I agree his form needs work. Still shaking the rust off I suspect.

13. Play07

Play07 Member

http://www.celticsblog.com/2014/5/1...e-acquire-rim-protector-rockets-asik#comments

found this on celtics blog, supposedly sullingers father has said his son will play PF next yr (no more center) and Danny's main goal in off season is to get a rim protector at center.

they based this article on asik coming over basically. Seems like if we just want to clear cap. They want to trade bogans ($5.3 team option contract) for asik.

14. Raven

Raven Member

They still have that 10 million trade exception, right?

But why would the Celtics do this? They most certainly want Asik, but Lin's contract is toxic. Would Morey have to sweeten the pot? If so, how much?

15. jacoby

jacoby Member

Lin and Asik for Bogans and the TPE. Done and Done.

16. Play07

Play07 Member

They do this to get asik, moving Lin would be a different story

17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Now we know why Daryl "I Bleed Celtic Green" Morey won't put Kevin "I Bleed Celtic Green" McHale in the s***-can, lest he offend Danny "I Am Celtic Green" Ainge.

"Objection!" from many posters.

"Withdrawn, your Honor," from me.

But in truth, makes sense, this trade idea. IF we get that late teens draft pick that Boston has. And we give them some money to grease Asik's contract.

18. basketballholic

Guys, get real here. Do you really think Morey is going to give Asik away? Because that's what Bogans would be.

A trade with Boston would go something like this:

Asik/Lin/Jones for

Rondo/Bogans/parts. But that trade would likely be merged into a 3 or 4 team deal. We most likely don't want Rondo to keep. And we're simply not going to give Asik away for cap space and a non-guaranteed contract.

19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I agree it won't be for nothing, but don't start with your overly-lopsided ridiculous trade ideas. (Please.)

Like Lin for Butler? As if Milwaukee wanted to take on Lin's ridiculous contract to sell tickets to all their Chinese fan base? All two of them?

Morey clung tenaciously to Asik before. Where did that get him?

20. Play07

Play07 Member

Rockets may not have time to be PICKY, if a free agent wants to come here and they see an opportunity to move asik or Lin without giving up anything I'm sure they will do it ASAP. Especially asik if it's a eastern conference team. Even tho asik is solid he still has a ballon contract & is a liability on offense.

Tjones/Lin/asik for rondo would never happen. they're trying to start sullinger at PF if you read the article. They will only want starters and picks for rondo