1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Omer Asik Trade. Rumors, Tweets and Updates. (Deadline Dec 20th)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheDr34m, Dec 14, 2013.

1. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

2. King Drew

King Drew Member

I posted last night I bet we keep him, and got crapped on by other poster lmao. DM isn't stupid

3. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

Seem like a tatix to up the offer from other teams

4. A New Age

A New Age Contributing Member

I think McHale called it in his post-game last night, said "when we get Omer back" :p:p

5. dje243

dje243 Member

HAHAHAHAHAAAAA. I've wasted so much time.

6. NateNate

NateNate Member

I for one am happy. I didn't like the proposed deals. If he buys in, Asik would be a major part of our team .

7. torocan

torocan Member

I don't think it's a bluff. DM had a minimum value he placed on Asik in his mind, and it's apparent that the deals didn't reach that level.

Auctions with reserve bids (minimum price) are very common.

So, he doesn't get what he views as a reasonable minimum price, he takes Asik off the market and comes back to it again later.

8. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

There's always a few people who are clueless on every topic. That doesn't mean you can paint everyone with a broad brush.

9. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Morey is bluffing. Asik gone tonight. Book it.

10. Andrew Wiggins

Agreed. It was the right choice.

Too many posters just want to trade. Asik can't hurt us on the court if we don't play him.

11. tzou88

tzou88 Member

McHale already knew Morey was gonna keep Asik... it's making me sick.. IT'S MAKING ME SICK!

12. Salvy

Salvy Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  13. Hou Utd

Hou Utd Member

This also might be a message to Asik and his agent. They should be told, "We know you want to be traded, but we cannot get anyone to offer even a decent deal for you. If you want to go play for another team you need to get out of that terrible suit and on to the court and start producing for us first. Get your attitude right, stop whining, and start playing or we will start finning you for behavior detrimental to the team"

1 person likes this.
  14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

That's what will happen and then he'll show his value and someone's big will go down in the East and they get a better deal.

15. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Just like the Bass trade I call bs. A trade will happen today. This is just posturing.

16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

The irony here is that if Asik had just gone to work like he was content, chances are NO team would balk at his contract next season since his play would justify his value. However, because he let his displeasure seep into his performance, he's being forced to stay on the team. Honestly, I agree with JVG. The Rockets have done nothing for Asik to feel under-appreciated, and in fact, he should be HAPPY to be on a team that is poised to be a legitimate title contender. Either way, I'm glad Morey isn't afraid to walk away from the table when he's not getting his desired returns. Here's hoping that Omer embraces his role with the team, and helps give us the best big man rotation in the NBA.

17. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

So basically as good as Asik is, teams don't want to pay him 15M next year. Same for Lin most likely.

Looks like this is the team we're rolling with. This year and next

18. bmd

bmd Member

Well that's pretty interesting...

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I still think Omer gets moved by the real trade deadline (February 20th). He won't finish the season here.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

by now people should realize DM isn't going to tradea significant piece and get garbage out of it..if its not worth it he has no problem not doing anything at all