1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Omer Asik Trade. Rumors, Tweets and Updates. (Deadline Dec 20th)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheDr34m, Dec 14, 2013.

1. BonziWellsGOAT

Reset.....RESET!!!!!!!????? :mad:

[​IMG]

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

You know what's awesome? The 18 posts ridiculing the one post that violated the thread subject. That doesn't clutter up this thread at all (and yes, I realize this post is doing the same thing)!

3. Whoopy

Whoopy Member

Morey bluffing.

4. danielcp0303

danielcp0303 Member

I dunno...I didn't really take it that way.

5. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

Morey is going to make the right deal. He's not going to trade Asik without getting value back.

6. basketballholic

Don't be surprised if there is a trade agreed upon announced for Lin before the team flies out today.

7. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

RESET?!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Member

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. bmd

bmd Member

Is this what we're doing now?

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. FTW Rockets FTW

Common guys, take the off topic discussion on how good Asik is as a center or any imminent trades for Lin elsewhere. This thread is being cluttered with lots of irrelevant stuff.

Let's keep it strictly to "Omer Asik Trade. Rumors, Tweets and Updates"

I'm hitting refresh every 5 minutes only to have to sift through 20 meaningless posts before I find one relevant Asik trade related piece.

11. Andrew Wiggins

That's why Les, the owner of the franchise himself, has to say I pay you to do your job. We will suspend you without pay if you don't want to work. If you play poorly then you will be benched. Good luck trying to get a new contract after this one ends with your attitude. If a team wants more offense at the 5 then they have no option but to trade you.

He won't get another good contract if he sits. Teams won't pay him for something he did 3 seasons ago.

12. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

No way Morey lets this cloud hang over the team for another two months.

'But he's not gonna make a bad deal'

He isn't. In Morey We Trust.

13. coffeelover665

got a final in 2 hours and I find myself here refreshing for updates

14. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

Basketballholic,

Do you have inside info on this or something? You've mentioned this way too many times now for it to be more than a feeling. For myself, I tend to doubt there is a trade unless it's a really good one. Our bench has clearly sucked since Lin has been out, and we only have one real playmaker on the team (who happens to have a really sore foot and high ankle sprain and could be down for a while any day now). In addition, while Lin doesn't have a high value contract, he has a decent value contract for what he brings, given his improvement. More importantly, he has value over and above his basketball contract - (1) marketing (real marketing [e.g., second most searched player on Google], as in every time his name /Rockets mentioned on TV/internet there's actual real marketing dollars saved from not having to pay for marketing or earned to the Rockets brand), (2) possible business deals not only with the Rockets but also with Asia-aimed companies owned by Les, and (3) corporate sponsorships. I don't doubt he could be moved and shopped (e.g., Paul situation, etc.) but it would have to be a pretty clear upgrade for Les to let him go, I think.

15. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

Inside info or just intuition on your part?

16. tarzanman

tarzanman Member

This thread was derailed a long time ago. Only mods can fix but I think everyone has come to accept this as the one-stop-shopping for anything Dec 19 trade related.

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

Except Morey will cause a cloud to hang over the team if he makes a trade today or tomorrow anyway, given that people will be suspecting that whoever is coming in will be repackaged, possibly with current guys, to be traded again in February.

18. xiki

xiki Member

If there were one (Raps? Bucks?) it could/would/should change the dynamics of an/the Asik deal.

19. basketballholic

can't say I've got insider information. I do know of one deal that was discussed a while back. It wasn't done then but the trade made a lot of sense as far as value for both teams.

Bearing that in mind I think this is an opportunity to execute a trade for Lin and have assets to deal at the deadline. But I do not have any insider info on current talks.

20. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

Sorry if I'm a little off topic everyone. I just don't think Lin will be moved with Asik, unless we're getting like a Deng, Rondo, Milsap+Korver type deal (none of which I think are happening, although they're possible).

Back to the real topic. I completely trust Morey, but would still be sorely disappointed if the deal was for Bass, Lee and a pick. I think Bass and Lee have negative values as trade pieces (Lee has 3 more years at $5.5M and would kill our 2015plans). It is far easier to wipe Asik and Lin off our books for nothing than to move Bass and Lee for nothing. You'd almost have to give away a pick to unload Bass or Lee, which means that trade is a zero to negative value trade.