1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Omer Asik Trade. Rumors, Tweets and Updates. (Deadline Dec 20th)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheDr34m, Dec 14, 2013.

1. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

If Asik does get traded to Boston, (which I don't think is where he's gonna land) it's gonna be funny hearing/watching Rondo complain because of Asik's inability to catch passes for easy dunks.

2. duluth111222

duluth111222 Member

But why do we have to make a trade? If we don't like any of the trades on the table, can we simply keep Asik till Feb 2014? I heard concerns about locker room disctraction, bad PR, etc. But those are lesser of the evils compared to making a bad trade just because.

1 person likes this.
  3. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Member

Not only that, teams know Morey has to make a trade. Asik doesn't want to play as a back up. I won't go far to say Morey will get screwed but I do think he's at a disadvantage this time around. But as you stated, anything you get from him as far as a trade is a positive.

4. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

I think the purpose of this self imposed deadline is so Morey can still flip whichever player he receives in this trade in case he thinks he needs to.

5. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

That 1st round pick has to be VERY good in order for Morey to take on Courtney Lee's contract.

6. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Asik is only worth what someone is willing to pay.

7. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Member

You have to because all this guy is doing is pouting. You need a guy on your team that wants to be there. He has no desires to be here.

8. Play07

Play07 Member

lol !!! sorry didnt proofread

9. basketballholic

This is total b.s. Morey doesn't have to make a trade. Asik is under contract for another year and a half.

And frankly, I think it's 50/50 that Asik even gets traded over the next couple days. (I'm almost rooting for it not to happen.) What's the big deal? We've still got 2 months to the deadline, 6 months to the off season, and a year and a half before Asik's contract is up. The people that are gonna be upset are Asik and Tellum. Let 'em get upset. Then tell him to get his togs on and ball up. And tell Tellum to go get him a deal so he can move Asik for proper value.

The reason people think Morey has to do a deal is because Morey WANTS to do a deal now. But he doesn't have to.

The notion that Morey has to do a deal is ludicrous.

10. vstexas09

vstexas09 Member

millsap is the next piece we need

what is the reality that we land lma/love? why not settle with millsap...he'll fill that gap and with lin/jones off the bench, that would help a lot too

i really hope we land millsap

11. Dubious

Dubious Member

Milsap - most desired/a reach ATL would do it (too good of a contract)
    Hawes - best fit/possible
    Bass, Lee- meh, OK/very doable

What's the Bobcat deal again?
    Draft pick deals and multi-team deals are impossible to boil down.

12. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Is Ryan Anderson still available? Sure would like to get him compared to some of these other deals.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

NOLA just signed a 7'2 center from Europe.

14. basketballholic

.....at a given moment in time.

So if they aren't willing to pay enough at a given moment in time.......

you wait until another moment in time.

15. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

No he has played his way out of our price range

16. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

Pretty sure Anderson was off the trading block once Davis went out and he went on to hit like 8 3's in a game lol

17. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

just let me finish already

18. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

The thing is, by getting Millsap (and a pick), we are not limiting our chances of getting one of those guys.

19. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Member

I get what you're saying but I just don't agree.

The only issue I have about sitting on him is the distraction Asik he causes sitting on your bench. You see his body language. The man doesn't want to be here. Sooner or later that type of energy will cause a rift within the team. I wished Asik would have handled this differently. I'm not saying his feelings aren't warranted but had he just played, Morey would have done right by him by trading him.

20. bmd

bmd Member

No, he isn't . Asik is over-valued here. Yes, he's a good player, but he isn't going to land a player like Paul Millsap straight-up.