1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Omer Asik Trade. Rumors, Tweets and Updates. (Deadline Dec 20th)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheDr34m, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Maybe Asik's value just isn't that high. He has a couple DNP - Feelings hurt this year and just hasn't played as hard as he used to, and that probably brought his trade value down quite a bit. Had he just accepted his role and given the same kind of effort he gave last year I'm sure we'd be getting a better haul (not LMA or Love, but something better than Lee/Bass).

2. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

i just woke up..

so no millsap right?

3. logggur

logggur Member

Cool story bro:

I saw Omer a couple of weeks ago at Sundance Cinema. I'd been checking something on my phone, looked up and saw a really tall guy waiting in line to buy tickets. I thought, "I wonder if that guy plays basketball? Eh, he looks a little too skinny." Then he turned around and I realized who it was. He saw me, realized I recognized him, and looked terrified I was going to come talk to him. I nodded to him and then went to the theater. It wasn't super crowded at the time, but it was by no means empty. I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in the lobby who realized who he was.

Yes, I saw the new Hunger Games movie that night. This has been a cool story bro, brought to you by logggur.

Anyway, it sucks that the roster wasn't working with both Dwight and Omer. He was a great addition to the team and played a huge part in getting the Rockets back to the playoffs. I'll miss him and will root for him wherever he goes as long as it's not Dallas.

4. BonziWellsGOAT

[​IMG]

5. BeardlyBeardman

Did Morey follow any new players since last night? Wiggins? Jabari Parker? Chris Paul ???

I need a status update stat folks.

6. Play07

Play07 Member

morey hinting milsapp in that tweet last night, and following him on twitter is questionable, I’m sure he wants him he’s the best assets, but I think he’s just trying to throw people off.

Like I told you guys on Tuesday my source said Morey and his guys were busy meeting & working hard at TC, labtops out etc. which is not the norm. So I think it’s more of a complicated 3 team deal vs a simple player swap or it would’ve been done already.

I’m standing pat on he’s going to bring in a expiring contract that can help us win now a BIG & wing defender if one is not on an expiring its someone he thinks he can move later if he needs to for cap room. Hinkie wants picks if anything noel will be back & if dannys smart he doesn’t let asik slip away and does whatever to make it happen with rondo back soon & melo about to be a free agent, he has plenty of picks to spare.

I’m still predicting a deal around 76ers hawes in a 3team deal now with maybe boston being the 3rd team. Sure morey likes hawes he’s a poor man kevin love on 1/3 of his contract.

76ers in
    humpries expriring
    maybe filler
    2015 first rounder

rockets in
    hawes
    lee, turner, or filler

boston in
    asik
    filler

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Clutch tweeted that the deadline is now Dec 20th. So this will likely take another day.

8. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

but I believe Feigen and Clutch both said the Rockets intend to stick with their original timeline, Feigen even went so far to say he felt it would happen before the Rockets got on the plane to the next game.(Today midafternoon)

9. BonziWellsGOAT

[​IMG]

10. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Personally, I'm choosing not to believe this trade until Woj says it's final. Morey's moves never leak out in full detail like this.

11. dragician

dragician Member

Did he ask you to trade seats with him?

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Dang. Asik could get Lane-Kiffined.

I hope it happens today because I need to do some work tomorrow.

13. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

If those trades were ever available I think Morey would've pulled the trigger already.

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

True, the Rockets haven't yet announced they are extending their self-imposed deadline by a day, even if the NBA allows it to be Dec 20.

15. logggur

logggur Member

Nah, I didn't see him after that. Guess he went to see Thor.

16. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My feelings as well.

17. battousai

battousai Member

My guest is Paul milsap is just a smoke screen DM puts it out to the medias/GMs/Agents/players. PM is more like a high reach for DM and Boston's trade is our safety Net.

Dont panic if we end up with some "not-so-good" assets because DM will just flip those over before the trade-deadline is over.

We prolly will end up with one of the below the radar trades, which it has always been with DM.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Danny never showed!

As you said, not that he would have said much anyways.

19. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I watch a handful of teams in addition to the GoodGuys to try and maintain some LP 'focus'. The C's are one of them, as their rebuilding/Olynyk have me somewhat curious.

I have been impressed by Bass and am satisfied he would bring a lot to the table.

Lee has been 94% terrible. Just bad. With a contract that screams a really good draft pick would be necessary to have him included. Now, Crawford...I mean, who would have anticipated his metamorphosis into credible rotation NBAer? Not me. Bass/Crawford/decent#1 and I'm OK. Not Lee (except with good good pick).

My 2 cents.

20. haydenfisher342

morey isnt a fool. He friends Millsap so like everyone here, the GMS will think he has a deal in place for Millsap so rival GMS need to pay up better then Millsap to get Asik. Thats what clearly is happening