1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Omer Asik requests trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Nov 14, 2013.

Tags:
?

How should the Rockets handle Omer Asik's trade request?

1. Trade him ASAP for whatever they can get.

113 vote(s)
    16.6%
  2. Trade him, but wait until the trade deadline to see if something big shakes out

510 vote(s)
    75.0%
  3. Don't trade him at all

57 vote(s)
    8.4%
  1. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

no he didn't pull a Tmac because he doesn't get the ball that much, but the guy was so uninterested on the court. I could tell.

2. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

I'll take DeRozan from the Raps..but that certainly doesn't fill the hole at the 4. Although, I am not upset what Jones has been doing.

3. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

Alllllll day, but won't happen

4. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Yeah, that would not make much sense for Toronto. Unless they think they can play Valanciunus at the 4. Their GM is a smart man though, perhaps he is doing the ol' Moreyish collecting talent irregardless of fit routine right now. Trying to leap on and take advantage of a bad situation the way Morey did on his route to the current team.

At any rate, Toronto does not have a lot to offer. I like Amir Johnson as a good energy guy off the bench -- but we need more than that for Asik. I just don't see what the Toronto trade would be. Unless it is a three way trade where some poor sap of a GM is going to take on Gay's contract and give the Rockets something good.

5. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

not sure if the raptors have one, but if they're already interested in asik, i hope they are willing to give it up.

6. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

THIS!

keep asik we need him...if our 3pt shooters were hiting open shots and FTs we would be 10-0 now and tt experiment would be deemed as a relative sucess

7. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

so now we're really short a center unless people want to think dmo can be the backup since camby is gone. Maybe we can let Okafor know to keep tabs on the Rockets just in case.

8. FOBolous

FOBolous Member

this is unfortunate. i really hope he stays and is willing to come off the bench for Houston. He can come in really useful as Howard's replacement in late game situations when teams try to play hack-a-dwight. i don't even know why he wants to be traded. he is already getting paid. 8 mil a year is around what a player of his caliber should make.

9. samoy

samoy Member

feeling sad, i hope there is a way to work things out like reduce dwights minutes and work him more on the run than posting and have omer camp out more when needed. hope they can play faster most of the time until playoffs

10. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

Me and Yao Ming approve of this.

11. Deniz

Deniz Member

Current twitter trends: Omer Asik :grin:

12. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I don't think we can trade for him until 2015 I believe.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The people saying how screwed we are without Asik if Howard gets injured are being really silly.

You don't plan on injuries, you just hope they don't happen. If Lebron goes down the Heat are screwed. If Durant goes down the Thunder are screwed. If Curry goes down the Warriors are screwed. I could go on and on. Just because you maybe will have an injury down the line doesn't mean plan for it. That's just capping your team's potential.

14. Capsman

Capsman Member

I'm a diehard Wizards fan, only rooted for the Rockets because of Asik. If the Wizards benched Wall and he wanted a trade, I wouldn't blame him. I might be sad that we might not have an amazing second unit, but I would certainly understand it from Wall's persective. I respect that a lot more than the player who wants a trade because the team around him isn't good enough.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

because he wants to be his own player..hes not a bench center

16. Whoopy

Whoopy Member

True, that's why no teams have two top players in any one position. It's just a bad asset allocation model.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

And as one of the top defensive centers in the league, hes actually at good value and can be argued a little underpaid

18. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

bingo. first sensible post i've seen in awhile

19. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

honestly i would love to trade asik and someone(dmo???) for lee and green from the celtics.. that would give us a good powerforward and a great 2 guard defender to come off the bench! i loved lee when he was on the rockets

20. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Watching last nights game on DVR, I'm perfectly okay with dealing Asik now. His return has to be pretty high. Rockets just look so much better with Howard, Jones/Casspi and Lin/Bev/Parsons/Harden/Garcia. The ball moves better and Asik can't finish at the rim. He's a great dude and a hard working great defender who has earned the right to be a starter somewhere. It's just the great way to have good rapport from players around the league looking in free agency.

If we can get picks and a nice young player and create cap space, I'm certain Morey can get an elite level defender in the draft or a vet comfortable in that role.