1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Omer Asik 6th Man of the Year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Weatherby, Aug 14, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Weatherby

Weatherby Member

Just to clear things up... I am a professional writer. I have more writing ability than you ever will and can choose to post however I like. If you think that this is a forum for the Peter Kings of the world only, then it might be time to reevaluate where you are choosing to write these brilliant articles.

2. jocar

jocar Member

Yeah, it's gonna feel a bit like Scola or Chuck packing their bags, only not as bad.

3. hizzobbes

hizzobbes Member

*Fixed

Where do you write professionally? You can see in this thread that I disagreed with jtr's post but you're going to have to back up a claim like that.

4. Weatherby

Weatherby Member

I recently finished law school and now write trial and appellate briefs for attorneys prior to going to trial

5. meh

meh Contributing Member

Asik is a center.
    Dwight is a center.
    Hakeem was a freak of nature who had the footwork of a guard and could guard multiple positions.
    If you want, I can also add that Duncan/Robinson works because Duncan could easily guard PFs. Well, so could Robinson because he was also one of the most agile centers to ever play.

But why did the Rockets stop trying to find the next Sampson when the original one was hurt? In fact, the Rockets first got a legit PF in Thorpe and then went full small ball. Why did the Spurs keep using Robert Horry at PF instead of using one of their scrub centers during the Duncan era? Why did SVG, a coach that valued defense as much as any, decide to put the likes of Hedo/Lewis next to Howard instead of Gortat?

The answer is in the post you responded to.