1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oline

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by acruz2, Oct 4, 2020.

1. acruz2

acruz2 Member

Man I watch other games and see QBs have all day to throw or they create holes for the RBs to run through. Not sure why the Texans oline is so inept. If you are not good at one at least be good at the other. We cant do either and not sure if that is coaching or the players that are being drafted.

2. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I saw holes today... David Johnson just jump cuts in slow motion.... I saw good pass blocking but Deshaun can't throw these WRs open for ****... Can't blame the Oline today !

payaso likes this.
  3. payaso

payaso Member

I really think that dumping D-Hop has taken away Number 4(0 million a year)'s offensive cheat sheet, and now it seems like the game is moving too fast for him under O'Brien's Brady scheme. He doesn't go through progressions/check-downs quickly enough for the scheme and ends up holding the ball for way too long, rather than just looking for a seam or soft downfield coverage and taking off. Frankly, I don't know why he's not leveraging himself to rise above O'Brien's offense, leaving it in the dust; he's gotta know the McNairs will NEVER let GM BOB ship him out of town if he even could find a taker for that contract. The order of departure would be O'Brien, and... anyone else not named Watson.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No O line can look good with poor play calling and a QB that causes sacks.

javal_lon likes this.