1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Olidipo and Wall: 55 of our 91 shots

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

You guys are acting like Rockets are trying to win?

Plowman, SamFisher and Invisible Fan like this.
  2. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Way worse than Francis and Mobley.

Christian Wood Impact is similar to Yao Ming

ak99999, saleem and Rocket River like this.
  3. Jontro

Jontro Member

wall/deepo vs frenchfries/cat is like bargnanti vs nowitzki

Nook likes this.
  4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

This.

I think people wanted scrappy team ball to watch them grow while sucking.

But that’s really a red herring. Most people come on here to vent and complain.

Most of CF didn’t want or ask for The Process.

A half baked three year Process is a smegma of endless hopeless losses mixed with fan tears...all for the hope of a coin flip at the very end.

We’re the Houston frickin Rockets, not some bottom dwelling team like the sixers was. Some even wanted perfection or nothing at all.

We gotta get lucky for the next three years. Stone better learn to hedge fast and hedge correctly. Murray wasn’t perfect but he fixed and ate most of his mistakes within two years. Wasn’t perfect but the hustle was mostly appreciated.

Ferntits gotta stfu and watch. Use that big ****ing mouth to own the losses and give his new FO a chance to grow under fire

#44 Invisible Fan, Mar 4, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
    sydmill and Shark44 like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

imagine if we drafted Cade and he has to share the floor with Wall

I see nothing but stunted development and picking up bad habits in that scenario

6. Le$$

Le$$ Member

If you had a healthy wood and there was some health going on, they might be around .500. But the truth is, this team couldn't beat the 2011-12, 34-32 in a short season? lead by Kevin Martin.. Rockets just need to rid themselves of Harden old team, which should be done here pretty soon you'd assume, unless the rockets are just going to let there contracts expire and not even care. Dipo and Gordon trades should be done asap.

sydmill and CVcrew like this.
  7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

There were 8 active players last night.

Who got deprived? Omg Mason Jones Jr took 5 shots he should have taken 8 to help his development!!11!!!

Even if that that's true (it's not) that's on him for passing up shots (and he did pass up open shots in the first half, JVG noted it)

sydmill likes this.
  8. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Man, y'all are depressing. LOL

"Just great...we got the first pick in the draft instead of Miam's 16th. Now we have to pair Cunningham with Wall, which will ensure he never reaches potential."

Bunch of sad sacks in this place.

saleem and SamFisher like this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

I can’t help it if facts hurt

ball hog Wall trying to be the self-proclaimed franchise player isn’t a good thing

10. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Harden pretty much saying he wasn't good enough really hurt his ego.

11. bmelo

bmelo Member

Silas is puss. He ditched James for playing isocentric and as soon as he gone John Wall and that gypsy bum Oladipo just took role of James and Westbrook. This is partly great because of potential top3 pick, but this is playground basketball bullshit and EG for sure aint having fun anymore

sydmill, saleem and rockets1995 like this.
  12. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

THAT BALL MOVEMENT THO!

Drogba likes this.
  13. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

The Rockets are pretty much unwatchable for me right now (said this 2 weeks ago), but I understand that we have to be patient right now. I was actually happy that VO put up some numbers last night, we need his value higher to get anything in return.

Also we need to lose, lose, lose to position ourselves for a Top 4 this year. I'm actually worried that when Wood returns and KPJ is elevated we might win a few more than we need to. So yes, on with the PROCESS of rebuilding--it's likely going to be a rough couple of years or more.

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

At least we have culture change.

No divas allowed!

Or else!

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

When Wall gets the ball.
    I know 1 of 3 things happen in this order
    1. Drive to the basket
    2. LONG Two maybe a Three but more than likely a TWO
    3. He will get trapped and forced to throw the ball to someone . . .then immediately expect it back

Rocket River

Shark44 likes this.
  16. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

He looked so bad in the first half...like complete airball/bricks. He finally started hitting a few shots as the game went on, but man it's unbelievable how bad he looks. JVG even mentioned a couple of times how it seems like he has no explosion and can't get past his man. If I had to guess I'd say he still doesn't look 100%, but I then again it's possible he may never be.

Rocket River likes this.
  17. riko

riko Member

The imaginary motion offense is the best in the league

18. SamFisher

How's that? We're spoiled from having the greatest offensive shot creation machine on the planet for the last decade. Most players are far south of that standard.

Wall certainly didn't ruin Bradley Beal's development, and the Wizards produced soem decent role players when he was there like Otto Porter, Davis Bertans, etc.

19. SamFisher

YOu mean he tries to get a layup or a 3?

Good lord, where did he get the idea that that's the way to play basketballl?

Rocket River likes this.
  20. Reeko

Reeko Member

John Wall wasn’t this selfish in Washington...here he has a career high usage and career low assist percentage...he’s looking for his more than at any point in his career making absolutely no one better which is what u want to see from your PG and self-proclaimed franchise player

guys like Otto Porter are role players who just spot up and Bertans never played with Wall...Beal did a ton of off-ball stuff with Wall

someone like Cade I would want with the ball in his hands controlling the offense and getting reps from day 1...not being a bystander so that Wall can do his homeless Harden impersonation