1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

OLED, QLED and other TVs - Recommendations and News

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Yung-T, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Maybe I'll get the 42in C2. I think it costs more than the 48in C2, lulz. 48in C1 seems like the best deal right now, but... I shouldn't.

CCity Zero likes this.
  2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Haha, yeah, man... this site owner from hardforum wrote a decent blog post and details using the 48" OLED

https://hardocp.com/blog/gaming-amp-working-at-4k-going-big

I think the 42 might be the best of both worlds if you end up using it as a monitor and sitting close but 48 sounds awesome too.

I use sites like this https://www.sven.de/dpi/ (there's probably a better one but I can't find it atm) to quickly see the PPI when using for a desktop monitor that I will sit fairly close to etc.

Like 48" at 4k would be similar to 1440p at 32" with regards to 100% scaling. Assuming close distance etc but depending on your setup and what you prefer/vision this might work perfectly too, especially if you sit a a little further back on the 48" (really just preference and use case etc). I know there's a site that has quick calculations for that too somewhere...

Anyway, I think OLED is just amazing, I know the alienware oled uw monitor is pretty sweet but I'd personally just go with an LG OLED if you're using it for both pc and ps5 because I don't think a normal computer monitor will be able to touch OLED and that AW monitor is way up there in price, so imo I'd rather just get the LG.

Sorry on going way out there on use cases, haha, but I don't think you'll regret going oled for a monitor.

ATXNekko likes this.
  3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

No. Which means the SONY version will probably be the best choice.

4. ATXNekko

ATXNekko Member

When will the Sony 100" come down from the price of a house or car?

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I was watching something a while ago saying that the early batches of those C2's use older WBC panels, and not the much better/newer WBE panels. This was a couple of months ago. So the ones floating around are a mixture of both panels, probably. I don't know if that's still the case, so good luck in the lottery. :D

After they've finished getting all the suckers to buy it? :D

Sajan and ATXNekko like this.
  6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I recently read this as well. I wouldn't mind if it was reflected in the price tag. Sounds like a class action lawsuit waiting to happen IMO.

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Wifi connection is went bad on my LG oled. Tried a few things and nothing worked. Had to go to factory settings and that fixed it.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

tinman likes this.
  9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

If Samsung stops dicking around with Dolby Vision they'll actually have the best TV and @Yung-T can finally pop his champagne.

Not sure if LG is planning to upgrade their panels next gen though. By then it might not matter.

ROCKSS and IBTL like this.
  10. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Gratzi.

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Sony is picking up too with qd-oled, their A95k won the hdtvtest expert panel in nearly all categories this week.
    Future seems bright for TVs.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yeah, looks like Sony might be back on top right now but it might depend on what you're looking for out of the TV. I don't have enough experience with the new QD's to say for sure. LG's reign ALONE on top is over. For now.

13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

PSA: Micro Center is offering 48 months 0% financing on high-end OLEDs.

(although if you need four years to finance a TV, you probably can't afford said TV)

ROCKSS and tinman like this.
  14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I wanted the UH8 but wife said too much money. I was at costco doing eye test comparisons for about 30 minutes.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

You've got the LG, Sony and the new model Samsung (not their qled bs). And that's it! No other TVs worth looking at. GOOD LUCK

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Somewhat hard to appreciate it until you see it in less lighting.

20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

That'll be ok if your house is lit like Costco and you keep the settings that were on the tv's. :D Most display tv's have their colors, saturation, etc. jacked up.

Yung-T likes this.