1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Old [Espn] Article On Westside Tennis Club

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NateNate, Apr 27, 2009.

1. NateNate

NateNate Member

Dont know if this has been revisited but i thought y'all may find this a fun read specially if you haven't read it before.. Its from 2002 and it pretty much talks about how Houston was the place to be in the summer for NBA stars. What ever happen to Westside anyway and is Houston still that popular? I been to fonde but it seems different from what they describe what Westside used to be. Where do they play now?

http://espn.go.com/magazine/vol5no20westside.html

2. YourSecretLover

Apparantly Jason Kidd wanted to be a Rocket that season

3. NateNate

NateNate Member

4. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

5 stars. Nice contribution.

5. Microfridge

Microfridge Member

Haha

I miss the Steve in his prime.

6. GBRocket

GBRocket Member

A good look back! Thanks!

Although, I still can't believe we didn't take Rashard with any one of our picks. Unbelievable.

7. NateNate

NateNate Member

i laughed at the boki comment also..

8. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

that article was nice but i couldnt help but laugh at the steve francis part at the end.

5 years ago there was a lot of emphasis on who was the best individual player in the league, but nowadays theres more of an emphasis on team work and winning, at least thats how i feel.

9. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Wow those last few paragraphs actually made me quite sad.