1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Olajuwon thinks Howard will stay with Lakers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kastuul, Feb 8, 2013.

1. slestack11

slestack11 Member

I thought the calls against the Lakers were pretty bad in the 2004 Finals vs the Pistons. Foul calls are a subjective thing though...fans tend to have selective memory on bad calls too. For example, during this stretch you refer to, while watching the games live, I thought the Lakers were getting screwed on a lot of calls.

2. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

lol what? only one place breeds fans that would think that, and it isn't clipperville.

3. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

It was never a secret that Howard got SVG fired.

And none of the arguments of Howard to Houston are valid if he doesn't sign here.

You should be careful beating your chest about Howard coming here. People did the same last year when they said we had the best trade package to offer Orlando for him.

If Howard leaves L.A. he just may decide to come here, but Atlanta may be just as good of an option. And the Lakers still have a month to fire D'antoni...

4. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

I only beat my chest about Howard coming here to all the Laker trolls who have invaded Clutch Fans recently.

Actually I wont be upset if he doesn't come here because I love our team as it is anyways. But hell yeah I'm going to beat my chest about him coming here because its exciting for us a scares the **** out of Laker homers. The more good arguments we make, the more the media reports on it, the more Dwight thinks about it... it all good.

All those rocket's fans who are feeling a little "once bitten twice shy" about Dwight... Its ok... its ok to dream about the possibilities. Worse comes to worse, we have the same team going into next year ... and thats not that bad.

I'm confident we'll get Dwight or another star like Josh Smith. I'm also confident that if Dwight walks, the Lakers are screwed for many years to come. BWAAAAHAHAHA (evil laugh)

5. typhooonn

typhooonn Member

It's so obvious Dwight is just utilizing Rockets as leverage.

6. Aleron

he's utilising everybody as leverage

if he's not, his agent isn't doing his job.

Although tbh, I'm starting to think a lot of it is PJ's game of thrones with Dwight as the leverage

#66 Aleron, May 23, 2013
    Last edited: May 23, 2013
  7. typhooonn

typhooonn Member

I don't like DH12 any way. I'd rather take Tim Duncan though he's 10 years older than DH12

8. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

PJ keeps saying; "Dwight isn't being utilized correctly" or "There's no reason for Dwight to return"

Its saying, I'm the only one that can make Dwight happy in LA. If you wanna keep him... you know who to call...

But I think PJ is just rubbing it in. He doesn't want to coach, he want's a front office job. He's already proven himself as a coach, and he only coaches teams that are favorites. Lakers cannot win with this group, especially in light of Kobe's injury. Phil ain't gonna jump on a sinking ship! He's 68.

9. Aleron

Half of the stuff coming out aren't even about Dwight, they're about about Mike D'antoni and Phil Jackson, Dwight is just the bishop on the table being moved around to facilitate their articles.

We must get rid of D'antoni! why? Dwight Howard!

10. quinnolivarez

quinnolivarez Member

what sort of leverage? he's getting a max deal wherever he goes. it's not like LA hasn't already put that $118 million contract in his face already. He has elected not to sign it.

11. Aleron

how much he can be catered to

12. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

If he wants to go to Brooklyn, they woud have to do a sign and trade, and so he could use the Rockets as leverage to sign n trade him to Brooklyn rather than letting him walk to the Rockets.

I don't necessarily think that's happening. But it's possible.

13. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Thought had crossed my mind too.

But I looked into Brooklyn's salary situation and looks like they got $89 million on the books for 2013/14 putting them way above the luxury tax.

If i am right, that means they cannot "receive" a sign and trade player in any deal.

14. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

I think the Lakers are screwed regardless of what happens...Lol.. But excuse me for interrupting :)

15. Aleron

I'd actually feel sorry for Dwight if Phil does come back.

When it fails, and it will fail, Dwight would cop all the blame.

16. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Howard would've loved to play in the Rudy T "dump in" offense.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Olajuwon is right, Howard will stay with the Lakers.

Yeah, I know this is 3-4 months old.

18. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

It was a smokescreen from Olajuwon because he knew 11 days later he would be making a pitch to Dwight at the ALL-STAR game to come to Houston.

He might be doing more recruiting for Houston when Dwight comes for training this Summer.

19. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Aleron, this bump smelled a little funny, but if this video doesn't get your blood boiling about NBA officiating, you either did not watch it or you are a Lakers fan and don't care that bad calls got you to the playoffs. I do not recall our last game of the year being poorly officiated, but it would've been if a playoff spot were on the line.

20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

^This. I'm starting to believe that Phil Jackson saw an opportunity to grab an executive position with the Lakers, and knew the only way he could strong-arm his way in there is to play up to Dwight's admiration of him. So, he goes on the radio and starts talking about how if HE were coach, he'd build around Dwight, thus undermining MDA while still maintaining his "hands-off" status at the moment. However, now that Dwight has gotten wind of the fact that Phil might be willing to come back (if and only if Dwight re-signs), he's going to be all-in with the Lakers. Phil will then be able to swoop in, and be the savior that he so wants to be viewed as. Jim Buss then loses his control on the organization, and Phil becomes the Godfather a la Pat Riley in Miami.