1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Olajuwon thinks Howard will stay with Lakers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kastuul, Feb 8, 2013.

1. slestack11

slestack11 Member

I'm more referring to the part where Olajuwon says Howard never mentioned wanting to go to the Nets as an option last year. He only wanted to get traded to Lakers. Even though the sports media dictated that Brooklyn was the only destination that he had on his list. The news/swirl is fabricated so people like Chris Broussard and Stephen A. Smith can keep their jobs.

2. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Rob Hennigan said Dwight only wanted to go to Brooklyn. Deron Williams confirmed this. Dwight had Brooklyn and no one else on his list.

3. zcity

zcity Contributing Member

Nice smoke screen Dream - Always working on the down low !!!!!

4. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Extremely idiotic bump.

5. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I think he'd still go to brooklyn if he could, huge market, no real history, he'd be the poster boy of that franchise for 50 years.

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

From everything I've read about Hakeem, he wasn't too keen when it came to X's and O's. lol.

7. Granville

Granville Member

Gimme de bowl was his favorite play.

8. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

No one thought Dwight would even consider leaving LA back in February 8th.

9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

He liked the X's and O's when they looked like this:

Code:

o                            o
             x                                    x

10. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

First of all I think it is particularly silly to bump this story as it was reported on February 8th and pretty much all of it is irrelevant now. Are you a Lakers fan?

To you point;
    Howard has had nothing but a big smile on his face all year being on the Lakers and all the Time Warner behind the scenes footage. Part of the problem, from the Lakers standpoint is that he probably is having too much fun hanging out at premiere parties, clubs, etc...

Howard has had a miserable time in Los Angeles. As the article said "He chose LA because he wanted to win". The last words out of Dwight's mouth about the season just finished; "It was a NIGHTMARE. A NIGHTMARE THAT I COULDN'T WAKE UP FROM!". To describe Dwight's time in LA as anything but that is stupid.

The thing I can can take from that story to apply to the current situation is that Dwight got SVG fired in Orlando. That gives credence to the idea he's trying to get MDA fired in LA.

This article does not add one iota to the arguments either way. All valid arguments are pointing to Dwight moving to Houston. Deal with it. Don't dig up old crap.

11. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Got to give slestak11 for thinking outside the box tonight, lol

12. slestack11

slestack11 Member

You don't have to do any sort of investigation as to whether I'm trolling, I think I'm making it pretty obvious, but being that I'm from Los Angeles, I thought I could get some good NBA conversation going on this Houston board for the summer free agent period.

Sad thing is, that I'm actually a Clippers season ticket holder.

13. Aleron

Funny thing about that Hakeem thing, he said he was going to talk to him during the ASB and see if anything has changed (those original comments were from his knowledge last offseason after he had been told there would be no brooklyn).

And he hasn't said a word since the ASB.

14. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Fair enough.

Advice.

Google Larry Coons CBA faq.

Google NBA salaries.

Realize where you screwed up.

Come back again and post something that doesn't make you sound like one of those clueless fools on LakersGround.

15. slestack11

slestack11 Member

This season was a Nightmare for the Lakers. Steve Nash was out for over half the season, Dwight Howard, while trying to get back from back surgery ended up injuring his shoulder, Kobe played through numerous injuries culminating in a torn achilles, Steve Blake was out for many games (significant only because Steve Nash was also out and Lakers had to start Chris Duhon at PG), Pau Gasol injured his foot and missed almost half the season. It was actually quite amazing that the Lakers had the 4th best record after the all star break with all the players being out.

But that doesn't mean he didn't love being on the team this year...he just wished they weren't so cursed.

16. rocketblood713

I think its 50-50 still cause you know its Dwight

17. Aleron

Oh there was nothing amazing about it.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5MhmGyZ7KF0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Texas chicks rock!

Dwight's coming to Houston!!!

19. slestack11

slestack11 Member

If you want to go there, I have plenty of gripes about Memphis getting 47 free throws vs 20 for the Clippers in Game 6. And then everyone comments about how much more physical the Grizzlies are. If playing more physical means you don't get called for fouls, then what is the process to sign up as a "physical team"? You can make a similar video slanted in any direction with plenty of footage of random calls coming from the refs. Lakers on paper also got a lot more free throws this year because of the Hack a Howard strategy too.

20. Aleron

I'd actually like to see you try and make a video of a stretch of about 10 games where the lakers are the victim to that extent.

In any given year, I'm sure you'd see several games here and there that just seem terribly reffed, but for it to happen so consistently for such a long stretch, to one team, is basically unheard of.