1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Olajuwon That move on Ewing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Aug 25, 2021.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

They should also be bitter about years 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 2000, 2001,...and 2019

tinman likes this.
  2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Worse than Clyde "I agree" Drexler?
    Be honest! ;)

Worse than Matt "HYUK HYK HYUK" Bullard?
    Be honest! ;)

Worse than Bill "WTF am I?" Worrell?
    Come on, now....be honest! ;)

3. steddinotayto

He is man. I live in DFW and I'll catch a Mavericks game once in a while on TV and my god is he horrible.

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

With the exception of Allan Houston, of course.

$M$O$ $M$O$N$E$Y$
    $M$O$ $M$O$N$E$Y$

$M$O$ $M$O$N$E$Y$

5. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Straight NASTY!!!!!!!!

6. DonatelloLimestone

Lol at the dude comparing 90s standards to today to justify his bending over for tilman. Michael Jordan made 2 million then...lets offer that to lebron, tell him to shut up and listen bc MJ had that in his title years, shoot your pitch

Les bought the team for 92 million in those days

The nba now requires at the bare minimum the salary floor is now over 100 million for one year operating cost soley for players salary....but yea, lets project old standards...you are about to build a winning franchise drawing all the talent

Imagine our meeting with Bronny james to come join jalen green

yea ok we can offer you the same money, the max,and yea they have more staff andfacilities,, but did you know that the celtics used to smoke cigarettes in the 70s and 80s and still win? And thats the proof so we got cigarette buds all over here...we're all abotu winning with proven techniques?
    You want role players and defenders...no sir, we're waiting till jimmy butler and lebron james want to come here...we're waiting for their call...really and then well pay tax for it...no not the repeaters, the next year...oh yea the last year was a fluke....

Landrys Stans make this board for the summer. Its offseason, we need some friction drama, but these guys are the most amusing ones

Hakeem wanted out of houston then..in modern nba with the economics he would ask out if tilman was taking advantage of him, even if 4-5 fans will suck tilman off anytime he tells em to shut up and listen. Those days are gone, look at the player empowerment and movement and these cut throat owners aren't losing that battle for no reason, bc the revenue is hinged on those stars and they realized it now.

[​IMG]
    @tinman, We know you hate les, none of us are Les fans...but hes gone...that era is gone. Its like me blaming our current problems on tracy mcgrady. you can be a 99er and not live in the past and still root for this team, not a mid range food franchise, it just depends on what type of 99er you are...hakeem....or barkley/pippen...you sound like the latter.

7. steddinotayto

Since you're fairly new to this forum, know that you just need to let @tinman be @tinman . The more you try and engage and argue the harder he comes at you. At worst, put him on ignore. At best, just enjoy his presence for nostalgia sake.

8. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

bad move by a bad man

#34GOAT

9. Salvy

Salvy Member

Bruh, I was just curious about the training facility Hakeem trained in that made him so good.... These things are important and we should be focused on it. How can we succeed in the future without learning from the past?

10. DonatelloLimestone

Why the hell woudl ou want to learn from the past or the league or even focus on suceededing in the future

youre just failing to see what this is about, this is about Tilman fertitta's legacy and now that hes become a victim in this world due to just things being unfair and unjust because people are jelous of him. When people critisize harden, morey, and MDA and the millionaires...they are simply millionaires so its more about their sincere F ups...buttilman s a billionaire, people just hate that and they are jelous so then they take actual facts and quotes and try to paint a terrible picture. .... it is lterally the biggest injustice for our team, nevermindif the rockets aren't a destination or a laughing stock from our 3 years of moves, what matters to me is that I see a smile on Tilman's face . Thats what rockets fandom is for me, thats the hill I will die on.

Talk about KMJ, KPJ, Green, Morey, Harden, Stone, Silas, MDA, LEs, or any other A-hole that doesn't TRULY represent Rockets REd. LEts disparage Les for bending over to China rightfully, but when tilman went and bent over against his own GM, Lets be real and look out fo this guys pockets
    Do we really not want tilman to show up to the billionaire summer circuit in souther france and have a smaller yacht than muhammad bin salman??? How embarassing that we treat our billionaires this way. Its offensive and unfair...i don't give a damn about luxury tax savings or player/depth savings or lies...I want him to represent me proudly over there with that yactch and some how I know when hes there and that I contributed by tax paying for toyota center in which he privately profits and raises prices on us fans, that somehow he has a twinkle in his eye for me, @Salvy @roslolian @tinman ...and that satisfies me enough, thats what true rocket fandom is about...I just wish more disloyal ******* fans like Bucks and warriors, clipeprs ,nets, spurs fans will really find their compassion and sense and begin to look out for their poor owners. ITs good that we're forward thinkign and I love that youre thinking about our real future, the Landrys Empire.

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@tinman is the Manny Ramirez of Clutchfans

12. DonatelloLimestone

don't mind at all. I do find his presence insanely amusing.
    Bro its just the offseason, and hten before that when I got in it was the pandemic andwe had no meaningful games..I came here to discuss therockets and not on twitter with short form so i do write a lot to weed out the people who can only think on the surface but @tinman, the 99 thing is just a an amusing hilarious gem.
    I'm just having fun poking at him and its a message board and not that serious
    in the end its always go rockets
    @tinman won't even reply directly to me, it makes me sad, but I hope he isn't taking it too peresonal. Its like in hoops/locker room, sometimes players talk **** and disagree, don't mean we all don't want the rockets to win. Its just some offseason too much time BS is all

@Salvy gets it...he does teh same tilman shill, but I'm not going to lie...hes funny, so in that sense even if I disagree with him I know why he moved up in the chain of landrys and should be an f'n executive their with his blind loyalty to tilman to defend him at any turn and also to do it with some humor and I've learned that despite the polarized world if you realize **** ain't that serious and make a joke, people can get over the differences.

I hear ya, and I enjoy when he comes at me and exposes that he gets all his nba information from Steven A Smith. In fact, I think @tinman should replace Kellerman and then argue everyone one of STeven A's loud stupid rants(I'm one to talk;) by talking about Les Alexander(who according to some mindsets, lives rent free in tinman's obsession since he ain't an owner, and thats all he talks about). I'd honeslty turn that on to watch, once. on oppose to now, 0.

Salvy likes this.
  13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’m nowhere the biggest Dream and Clutch City fan

Hint the biggest fan named a site after the heroes
    I just understand the vision and it’s purity

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You can't win against the @tinman when it comes to the Rockets - I have tried. Many a battle about T-mac. And I will say this, I lost. Lost lost lost. He is relentless and resourceful. You can't win.

So just let @tinman be @tinman and enjoy what he adds and ignore the distractions - just like Manny being Manny.

15. DonatelloLimestone

This is where we agree. CF isan incredible community. Some posters offer a lot of depth, we got some talented scouts here to be honestand not going to lie love that CF brough Sengun to my attention, and then Stone went and got that **** done

(@Dobbizzle, you cancheck any of my post/searches about stone, the young fells on our team, and the direction I love,I just rather call it when I See it-If harden does great, illcal it, if he lack luster in leadership/defense, i call it...thatgoes for MDA, silas, morey/stone, and yes tilman, but there are four outspoken landrys shills here who love to try to reinvent and deflect...why? I don't know, but they make for some fun offseason amusment)

So I feel like I get all the entertainment here. I get the real talk and discussions and insights on some guys here you can just tell are sensible and understand the game and business.

Then I Get the reality **** show which is entertaining like if you think whats the most popular stuff its trashy Kardashians or Jersey shore, people love the train wrecks to amuse and these guys give me that too.

Respect to CF.
    Go Rockets(the team, not just landry's oversight company)

16. DonatelloLimestone

I know you're right fo sho, but you're missing my perspective. I get that he isn't a sincere or actual intelligent thinker when it come to rockets, he just ahas a shtick here and a 'persona'. But he amuses me, hes my reality show, I'm awfully sad he stopped responding direct to me. @tinman I've never loved you more than I do this very day, I want you to know that no matter how long you desire to remain away from me, you adorable 99er you. Hes like the kid brother I never had to mess with or that guy in the group who just doesnt see the irony of Les/and china

You stay true to yourself tinman, never change, I'll admit, you add something unique to this board and it may be stupid, but sometimes its amusing like the Jersey shore. So you do you and never stop. Idon't mind i you're a pippen/barkley 99er, its a big tent CF so just enjoy yourself. sooner or later we'll make up.

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If anyone hates Dream and Clutch City
    Their account should be banned

eliefor3 likes this.
  18. monster

monster Member

This is by far the best Olajuwon highlight IMO. The David Robinson fake is what’s usually shown as Dream’s best move (traveling), but this one is so sweet. Followed by the block on KJ.

19. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

"Excuse me Mr. Ewing, you dropped something on the court" :D

DonatelloLimestone likes this.
  20. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

The only other player we’ve had since with even an outside shot of pulling this move off was Dmo .

Bobbythegreat likes this.