1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oladipo traded to Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rudy, Jan 13, 2021.

1. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Silas negative vibes is rubbing off on Stone now.

Come on Rafa, don't dread this **** now. Mistakes were made, deal with them and get us back some assets.

2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Tilman already scapegoating Stone ?

If we bring in Allen and LeVert , we prolly aren’t Bottom 3 right now tho .

3. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why in the Hell was this thread bumped....VICTOR OLADIPO TRADED......TO HOUSTON!
    As I got back on, I read the beginning and thought it had gone down....just like others will
    And for that ridiculous piece.

Sep11ie and jch1911 like this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

I don’t think they plan(ned) on being bottom three and probably (definitely?) not bottoming out the next 2-3 years. Aaron Gordon? Norman Powell?

LOL ... Someone bumped on Sunday/Monday (and me again now). Calm the **** down.

Plowman likes this.
  5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I like the idea of getting Oladipo for Oladipo. Definitely can't lose any value in the swap.

6. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

yup awful trade in terms of value

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

I saw this thread pop up and immediately thought, "AGAIN?!?"

Vivi likes this.
  8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

This is from the authors perspective

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

This sounds like total horse ****.

Not keeping Allen had nothing to do with getting Oladipo.

If Daryl Morey taught Stone to always chase the big names he would have taken Ben Simmons over the mystery box of picks from the Nets.

Plowman and topfive like this.
  10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Allen is going to get paid a crap ton of money but he is a good center though. Is he 100M dollar good?

11. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Agreed , but now that we have done the hard part ...

we can play reasonably watchable b-ball the rest of the way and still end up 3-6 ish. Adam silver give us favor !

also agree with not bottoming our next year . Maybe if we strike out this year and have bad injury luck . I don’t agree with getting those guys , would rather try to get ATL guys for oladipo . (Onyeka not reddish)

I think going for wins is what’s gonna develop young guys better and establish “culture”

also it seems like getting those guys require assets on our part and I’d rather take the lottery ticket 1st ourselves .

ideal / somewhat realistic dream for next year

Gordon/wall
    Kpj
    Tate/bogdan
    Wood/kmj
    Onyeka

that’s a shell you add a couple of 1st rounders to and it looks like a borderline playoff squad imo . West is hard , but if some of the guys improve it’s doable .

plus you still have assets to move off contracts if you want . Or if things don’t go well you can sell Gordon , Tate , wood (would take a high price on him I assume) and position yourselves for a couple of un-interrupted draft years + whatever you have gotten of the other guys so far

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

LeVert hits the game sealer for Indy