1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oladipo traded to Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rudy, Jan 13, 2021.

1. yaopao

yaopao Contributing Member

Nailed it.

The most overvalued players in the NBA are young ones who haven't shown anything but are paid like they have done something (esp in the playoffs).

You leave the cap clear and arm yourselves with draft picks (esp unprotected ones) to get guys who have the potential to be better than LeVert.

Levert's a good player, but he's not useful on this team that's going nowhere. If we had a good team and had a hole at SG, sure. We have holes everywhere. Keep all of our options open and fill in the gaps with quality guys better than Levert.

2. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

So you haul is a broken down player with a max contract, a often injured guard who can't shoot, a no name rookie, 3 late first rounder and a probably mid first rounder, the 4 swats is just laughable unless you are expecting Tilman will buy the Net after this season.

banzai likes this.
  3. roslolian

roslolian Member

He's an expiring, if he sucks the Rox trade him at the deadline for more assets or to clear him off the books. Or both.

Rockets FTW, banzai and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

6. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Did you watch Fox News to learn such logic?

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

Everything can portrayed badly, Brooklyn's haul is a 31 yr old out of shape hobo who hasn't proved anything in the playoffs.

If you don't think it's a great haul then you are the laughable one here not me. I ain't got time to debate with you just find one article from a reputable source that says Rockets got ripped off in this trade and then come back to me.

Or are you Kyrie Irving "SMART" and think you're above the rest of the human race? Pfft.

ElDobleK and delta69er like this.
  8. roslolian

roslolian Member

No I watched OKC and Presti to see what they did with their capspace

9. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

10. Mr Striker09

Mr Striker09 Member

Can we get Gerald Green back now, It was bad juju ever since he left

AroundTheWorld and whiskeyred like this.
  11. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Oladipo is a short term rental that’s going to get flipped for more picks at the deadline. He’s going to be 29 years old in a few months and is on an expiring contract, so don’t get too attached, because he’s not long for Houston.

apollo33 and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  12. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

You see why I questioned your logic is coming from Fox News?

Your evaluation is either this is a great haul or the Rox got ripped off, that's exactly how Hannity and Tucker and such talking to their fan base.

13. HP3

HP3 Member

I dont think are getting anyone to come here bro. :(

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

i don’t think anyone really wanted to build a team around Wood and Oladipo. Everyone knows he’s here to flip

apollo33 and Hank McDowell like this.
  15. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I haven’t watched Vic play in a While

if he is healthy wall and dipo is actually a great defensive backcourt .

but dipo is expiring and I doubt we wanna ink him just to be in 6th to 8th seed territory next year .

16. treyk3

treyk3 Member

trade him to Miami for Herro.

Iggy to Boston for a FRP

rockets1995 likes this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

nobody expects dipo to be here in the long run. the point of acquiring him is his expiring. that's the cap on how long he'll likely be here

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

The Rockets gave up an MVP player anything that isn't a great haul is a ripoff. Ripoff, middling trade what's really the difference? It's both not good at the end of the day I don't care what kind of centrist crap BS you're trying to prove.

But ok just to prove how ridiculous you are I'll humor you. You used "middling" to describe the trade right? Then find an article that says it's a "middling" trade.

19. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

We have a few options with Dipo, but almost seems that no matter what (as long as he stays healthy) we should be able to extract additional assets out of him.

20. finsraider

finsraider Member

I disagree. We could’ve gotten 20 million of expiring with levert from anyone, and probably got an asset as well. I think the Rockets believed they could get more with Oladipo in a future, near term trade, and the Pacers thought they could get a player locked up for the next 3 years

There is no point in being involved in next summer’s free agency class. There’s nobody available.