1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oladipo: Our better days are ahead. Everyone just stay patient.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Jan 18, 2021.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Not Fertits, the FANS. Did you graduate highschool?

2. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

People are still grieving. Now we’re in the anger stage.

ipaman likes this.
  3. Caesar

Caesar Member

Oh, we already know we have to be patient. The moment Harden was traded for picks, we knew we were in for years of patience and hoping the picks turn out to be future stars.

Man..i just feel so heart broken. Dipo is nice. Wall nice but tired of injury prone guys. Wood is super nice but maybe a 3rd best player of a big 3 championship team. Fully healthy, they can play into the playoffs, but getting swept by the Lakers just furthers the pain. It just looks like we'll be on the mediocrity treadmill for a while, especially if we resign Dipo. We going to use our picks to trade for a disgruntled game changing superstar? Who?? Who really cares to fight for a playoff spot? This is so crazy. If Harden actually gave a **** and put his all into it, we could scare a lot of teams. Watching him run around with a big smile and everyone in the media praising him....as if he was stuck in hell or something....man **** everyone.

I'm just so pissed. Why the **** didn't Harden recruit KD here? He never bothered recruiting ANYONE. It was just Morey trying to throw **** together with no recruitment from Harden until CP3/Brodie swap which was stupid to begin with. WTF did the Nets do to deserve Harden and KD? They should both be on the Rockets...**** this. Hell, i'd rather see them team up in OKC again and i hate OKC. I think it's just this ridiculous bias for these bright lights, media heavy cities. It feels hopeless for a media hated city like Houston and i can't imagine what it feels like for the littlest market teams. Drafting stars, developing them for them to eventually sign with a large media market team. This entire situation just continues the trend. Disgruntled players seeing faces of the NBA in Bron and KD team up and win rings and rewrite their legacies, and seeing Harden happy to get out of hell. Just remove most of the teams and have 4 teams in LA/So Cal, 4 teams in NY Burroughs, 2 teams in Miami, 2 teams in Dallas, 2 teams in Chicago, 2 teams in San Francisco, 2 teams in Boston, and Vegas, keep Spurs and let everyone go else **** themselves.
    [​IMG]

runamok and pippendagimp like this.
  4. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Its lead by about 5-6 guys on here. Got most of them on ignore, but looks like a few pretenders will be on there too

Magicsaint and treyk3 like this.
  5. Ben Frank

Ben Frank Member

What a breath of fresh air.. with all the things us Houston fans have been through to start the year. Losing Harden, the whole Watson saga that's going on... not to mention the fake media that said Vic didn't want to be here. It's good to see a Houston star player say hay.. it's not the end of the world, everything is going to work itself out.. I respect that

He could have said.. all his teammates are trash, and he wants a trade to Miami..

Keep Vic.. him and wall are going to surprise a lot of people

18pbr and kjayp like this.
  6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Sky is the limit? Thats loser talk.

With Josh Smith our ceiling was through the roof.

7. Nook

Nook Member

Just enjoy watching basketball with no expectations.

A lot of these players won’t be here in 12 months. They generally play hard and are trying to establish themselves. We aren’t winning anything with this group but still can pull for them and have fun.

Victor has said all the right things. Hopefully he ends up on a contender at the deadline and the Rockets get more assets. Same with Tucker and House.

The real heavy lifting is going to be in the draft in the next 4-5 years. Hopefully we get a couple special players in the lottery.

Until then, enjoy the ride.

8. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Sorry, I did not mean everyone but many guys here are simply exhaustingly pessimistic. There is simply no appreciation by some "Rockets fans" here for players that we have now who are playing tough and really trying hard to fit in the system and to build chemistry. The mentality is either this team beat the Lakers or simply berate them if they cannot. They just want the end product and not enjoy the process. Want the end product then become fans of superteams or play NB2k.

Tfor3 likes this.
  9. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Have you seen Wood, Oladipo, and Wall play together in a single game to assume we aren't winning anything? We haven't even had a consistent roster since the beginning of this season. Does every team need assurance to win a title in order to compete? You are contradicting your own statement by saying to not have any expectations but then expecting this team to fail with the current roster.

MultipleSauces likes this.
  10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Rockets aren't getting anyone significant from the draft. Best you can hope for is trading them picks lol.

Nook likes this.
  11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Unless he throws up harden numbers to land us in the playoffs, i can't see ferntits blowing away FRPs to OKC AND"overpaying" for a mediocre team.

He likes The Process. The Process is his golden ticket to siphon funds for the next three four years

Nook likes this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

I know Wood, Oladipo and Wall aren’t winning a title. I have no expectations other than them to play harder than most teams.

If that pisses you off, then I don’t know know what to tell you.

ElPigto, ksny15 and xaos like this.
  13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Gonna be honest really thought he didnt want to be on the Rockets lol.

The way he bought in tonight and his great comments afterwards really impressed me. His statline of 32 5 9 is def Hardenesque, and I loke how he was decisive and quick to make decisions instead of dribbling all over. I'd def be open to extending this dude. At least the way he played tonight is max level.

tinman and Tfor3 like this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

Over the next 3-4 years the Rockets better get someone significant from the draft or most likely some people will be out of jobs and the fan base won’t be happy.

The Rockets are far more likely to find a genuine franchise player in the draft than any other way.

15. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

The rockets are such a disaster. We need about 5 years to be decent again.

16. TheSource

TheSource Member

“Better days ahead” well I hope it’s soon cause we’re 4-8

17. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

You only got 3 options.
    1. Keep him and max him out. (He's not a max player & won't move the needle @ 28 years old)
    2. Keep him and let him walk for nothing. (Dumb)
    3. Trade him for more 1st round picks or picks & a young player. (Likely)

18. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

I do not think anyone on clutchfans or the entire world expects Wood, Oladipo and Wall can win a title so pissing off about it simply a pointless argument. I am simply pointing out the contradiction when you mentioned this team will not win "anything" because that in itself is an expectation for this team to fail completely. I simply do not understand championship or nothing philosophy when people call themselves fans of a team.

19. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Would do all us a favour if you can just come back to this board next year then and let real Rockets fan worry about this "nowhere " team.

Victorious likes this.
  20. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Just talking..most likly wont be here past the deadline...and def not here next year.

It is what it is.... we need to get solid pieces and draft capital back for him.

BUT... in the very rare event he does want to stay and is playing good....what do we offer him? Given the injury history. Given that he isnt a bonafide superstar in the NBA....do we offer him the max.. I say no....but im sure other markets would.

What do you guys think?