1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oladipo..............Not seeing it.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jiggyfly, Jan 27, 2021.

1. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

That was the knock on him Indiana.he didn’t play within the flow and structure of the offense especially once brogdon came there and was able to be a floor general that they lacked

BallaDoc likes this.
  2. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

I’ll say this as my biggest takeaway and pain point so far...

HOW IS HE UNCAPABLE OF THROWING A LOB PASS!!!

blows my mind... the rest will take time but this bothers me a lot for some reason. The Wood PnR would be on another level with accurate lobs

BamBam likes this.
  3. hieuytran

hieuytran Member

I think Ackerman said it during his first game that before coming here he has thrown one lob pass in his whole career. Hopefully they can work on that in practice and he can get better at it, no better person to throw it near the rim than having Wood with his good hands catching it and throwing it down.

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  4. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

I guess you missed my knee-jerk CF post harden sarcasm!

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

sometimes its hard to tell these days on cf's with the abundance of trash that's on here

Rocket River likes this.
  6. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

He woulda been a perfect #2 if we still had Harden but since we don't he's better off somewhere with a star ball handler. Maybe we can get the Mavs to drop 2 1sts for him so that they'd have enough time to convince him to stay instead of choosing Miami. I'd be glad to resign him even at his max if we already had a #1 guy but as is he'd be forced to assume some of that role while at the same time keeping us from acquiring that #1 through the draft. He actually did look done for at the start of the season though it's good to see him bounce back somewhat.

linvetb6 likes this.
  7. Mr. Space City

He's not apart of this franchise future, or anybody over the age of 27 tbh. I don't want a 30+ year old oladipo on this squad. I just hope he plays better to raise that stock.

DCHAMP and chadyang like this.
  8. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

He’s a good player, but at his price tag he shouldn’t be part of our long-term plan. Let some desperate contender or fringe playoff team overpay for him.

Ideally, we get the young cornerstone piece we were seeking in the Harden deal.

Herro
    MPJ
    OG (buyer’s remorse?)
    AG
    Bagley
    Hunter, Reddish or Collins

With the exception of Sacramento, all of the above either play for playoff teams or are currently underachieving and needing a boost. It’s very likely one of the above could be available prior to the trade deadline. This is the much more sensible route, IMO.

DCHAMP, Easy and rockets1995 like this.
  9. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

For sure he's nowhere close to where he was as a player, where he was right at the doorstep of being like a top 10 player. But my general sense after watching these first few games (especially the first) is that it doesn't seem like where he's at physically is what's preventing him from getting back there and making the plays he made in that reel, or at least very close to it. There have been bits here and there where I've seen the same explosiveness and quickness (though possible it's in my head since I'm not going to take the time to put a reel together) but he looks like he just can't play at the same level right now for whatever reason. It doesn't look to me like 2017-2018 CP3 vs. 2018-2019 CP3 where the dropoff in quickness and athleticism was pretty steep.

10. kumizi

kumizi Member

He's no longer a max player after his injury. He will probably never have that old explosiveness back.

He's still a solid defender and can do a little bit of playmaking. He needs to hit 3s at an average rate to even be worth $20-24 million AAV.

jiggyfly likes this.
  11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I agree it does not look physical to me as well but let's remember that he onlyu had a year and a half of that type of play before the injury he had started coming back down to earth.

Before that he had 4 years of being just ok so maybe it's in his head and he is just not that guy on a consistent basis.

I am also wondering if maybe he needs everything to be centered around him to believe he is that guy but I don't think he was or ever will be the best player on a contender.

I was hoping maybe him and Wall could click and be something great, we will see.

#111 jiggyfly, Jan 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
  12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Who said he is worthless?

What does that have to do with what I said?

I agree he can be valuable to teams but he already turned down 25 million and he is not even worth that IMO and like I said before you could see Walls athleticism in his 1st game I have not seen that from Oladipo.

He is not just returning from injury he played in the bubble last year.

That's different than Wall and Oladipo.

You have people around here trying to say he could be the centerpiece of a contending team and to resign him, I don't see it.

I have no idea why you think I was saying he was a scrub or worthless his only playing 3 games as a rocket really has no bearing.

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

He has not only played 3 games he played in the bubble and he played before he was traded.

Wall is the one who was out longer and actually is just returning.

I watched him in the bubble and earlier in the year.

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Thread title needs more...................................................................................dots.

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

:mad:

Why you!

16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

n.................................................m

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I doubt Vic will ever be top 5 i
    At his position
    Much less top 10 in the league.

Rocket River

19. lalala902102001

He's not part of our long term plan -- i.e. does not fit with the timeline. I would be happy if we can get a FPR for him.

rockets1995 likes this.
  20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Well, you said he wasn't worth a 1st. I agree he isn't a centerpiece to a contending team, we aren't contending and I don't think this team will make the playoffs.

I think he should be worth a protected 1st, above-average starters usually pull that from contending teams around the deadline, even with his contract expiring.

Let's just end it at this brother man, I don't think disagreements ever get anywhere between us lol

jiggyfly likes this.