1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oladipo..............Not seeing it.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jiggyfly, Jan 27, 2021.

1. riko

riko Member

Yep but I don’t blame Stone. Tillman was the one against sending harden to Philly and reuniting him with Morey. By all accounts Morey thought they had a done deal. Simmons, Maxey and two firsts instead of a bad Dipo and four late firsts.People still acting like this was a good deal. We got fleeced.

Hell maxey probably has more upside then Dipo. Simmons would be the best playmaker automatically on this team. He is a way better player then wall and Dipo combined.

Maxey will probably be better then any of those late first rounders can get you for the foreseeable future

D-rock and cheke64 like this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

I would have taken the Philly trade.

Simmons is that much better than ANY player in the next draft or the one after.

Thybulle and Maxey are the same as FRP.

#802 D-rock, Feb 13, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Wood-Simmons-Porter-Thybulle-Tate would have been beautiful.

treyk3 likes this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

building around Ben Simmons would’ve been a waste to me, but as of now, the Rockets have nothing good in return for trading Harden...they might get a good pick from BK years from now, but that is still to be determined

we need to tank

jiggyfly likes this.
  5. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I agree but I do think KPJ is an extension of The Harden trade. Almost every team in the league would give what the Rockets gave for him. The funny part is there’s a decent chance KPJ is the best asset the team got in the trade. I really don’t like the deal.

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yes Simmons is better than Dipo. But both of them are overpaid for what they do so thats still not a good thing.

Simmons wont be cheaper than Dipo cuz he has a 15% trade kicker to his deal.

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

Of course most people wont like the deal since the tangible asset (Dipo) is flopping. From an overall perspective though the haul is pretty good given the fact the picks and swaps are unprotected. We'll have to see what happens to Brooklyn amd what Stone does with the capspace before we can say whether the deal is good or bad.

jiggyfly likes this.
  8. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Don’t assume it’s because Oladipo is flopping. It was a complete gamble for a top 5 player. I never liked the deal. Oladipo was a huge gamble too as he is expiring and injury prone. I wanted someone who could contribute now yet be an integral part of the future. Simmons, Brown or MPJ should be on this team. I would have preferred the Miami pupu platter of Herro, Robinson, Okpala and Achiuwa to the Brooklyn deal. Who knows what the picks will be. Literally could be 4 picks in the late teens or worse. Awful deal even if it pans out. Too much risk.

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The value of the deal is the picks, not the current players obtained but ya Olidipo is one of the larger fails of Stone's decision making so far. Other than that, him turning this team to a team loaded with first round picks and young promising guys like Wood and KPJ is a good start overall.

Someone like Brown was never going to be on the table. He's too young and has shown too much promise for the Celtics to let go of him for a 31 year old superstar.

10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I edited the post before you responded. There’s a high probability none of those picks will be as good as MPJ, Brown or Simmons. In fact I’d say it’s 50/50 any of those picks are as good as Herro. It’s too risky and I’m sick of this team selling lemons. Tilman wanted to save money and sell hope.

pippendagimp and fchowd0311 like this.
  11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Eh we have an army of first rounders. A competent scouting team should be able to nab at least one gem from all those picks. And I really hope KPJ gets his head right and matures because he genuinely has star level talent.

treyk3 likes this.
  12. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I hope they get it right too. Andrew Wiggins and Harrison Barnes were two of the most sure thing prospects. I just don’t like the draft as much as others. A few teams get lucky and look like geniuses and most teams get role players.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

How has the progressive Mr. Dipo progressed to far?

14. T for 3

T for 3 Member

We’ll just agree to disagree on Simmons.

15. HROZ

HROZ Member

Imagine this team

Wood Cousins
    Tucker
    Simmons. Tate House MartinJr
    Gordon. Nwaba Brown PorterJr
    Wall. Maxey. Jones

Maxey Simmons sets us up now & into the future.

At the moment all the players we got have nothing to do with our future.
    Exum Oladipo expirings
    Kurucs looks disappointing (so far tbf)
    Allen was the best piece & we sent him on.

Inheritly we are hoping Nets self explode and we get good picks.

D-rock likes this.
  16. sydmill

sydmill Member

The question for me is what could the rockets have gotten for flipping Simmons? Would NYK have swapped Randle, RJ and their 2 firsts in 2021? Would Atlanta have dealt Collins, Hunter/Reddish & Huerter? Harris, MPJ and filler from Denver? Keep in mind these packages are in addition to Thybulle, Maxey and the Philly picks staying in Houston. That is what I would have tried for.

#816 sydmill, Feb 13, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
    D-rock likes this.
  17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Have they come up with any sort of injury update for Oladipo or are they going to give us a "day-by-day" announcement?

18. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Hopefully being extra cautious with his injury so he doesn’t hurt himself too bad so he can’t be traded.

ROXTXIA likes this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

And Thybulle was also informed that he was being traded to Rockets.

Those 3 players are head and shoulders better than the 3.players the Rockets received.

Better than 2 extra (and super low) FRP as well.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Porter is SEPARATE from Harden trade so that is not an honest take.

Rockets sent an unlikely to be conveyed SRP to Rockets to unload Porter.

Porter was a freebie.