1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Oladipo..............Not seeing it.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jiggyfly, Jan 27, 2021.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

this doesn't address anything

2. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Tillman doesn't want to pay much... If Alexander were still owner, Allen would be on the roster right now.

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

if he doesn't want to pay much then keeping allen would have made more sense who makes pennies. And you still have control over him for one more year for pennies before you deal him

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

He does not look the same his explosion is not there and he not as aggressive.

Just take a look at him before the injury.

5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Allen is a Restricted FA next year, try again.

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

James Johnson, Josh Green, future protected FRP. Maybe we could get that from Dallas.

As to the OP, I think it's hard to say something like "no way we could get a 1st for _____" because 1sts can be so heavily protected that the team giving it up doesn't care. So yeah, I don't think Dipo is anywhere near good enough to get a max deal, but it is possible to get a FRP for him.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

that's exactly what the post essentially says. what are you talking about.

8. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

I don't fully comprehend the trade but assumed that the deal couldn't go through without having Allen and Levert head elsewhere besides Houston.

9. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

TMI bro....:confused:

10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I am talking about he would not have been cheap going forward and Oladipo will be coming off the books.

Levert has 3 more years.

BamBam likes this.
  11. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Why would that be the case? I don't like Levert very much as a player, but I think Allen is a damn good center so I was pretty sad to see him go. I figured the team thought Wood was our center for the future and that they couldn't play together, but I don't think we got full value for him.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

he is pennies cheap before you actually deal him. that's all that matters. which is what I was responding to

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

They could have went to Houston if Houston wanted them.

They chose Oladipo over those guys.

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Ok.

My bad.

15. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Like said there was probably an innuendo to prevent the trade I'd the Cavs couldn't get Allen some how. Allen is a true C while Wood is a 4/3. It would have been a great fit and so what if Cousins gets less playing time

16. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Somebody needs to head over to Stone's and or Fertitta's office with a baseball bat if that's the case.

17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I agree with this but I was talking about a FRP of real value which is what most were talking about.

I also think we could get a FRP if we absorbed a bad contract.

Haymitch likes this.
  18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Dipo is somewhere between a high end role player and a low end star player. He's that kind of "tweener" who you don't want to get tied up with a max deal but want to keep him if he is willing to take less, which he probably isn't willing.

He has trade value for sure. A team that needs a second or third star to contend will be interested. I hope we can get a promising high ceiling young player for him.

19. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

he looks like a fukin clown out there. he needs to take himself out of the rotation and get back in the gym

Nook likes this.