1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oladipo..............Not seeing it.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jiggyfly, Jan 27, 2021.

1. sydmill

sydmill Member

I agree that that certainly was the case until news came out that Beal is not trying to get out of Washington. The only way I see Beal in Miami is if he forces himself there. Washington is not going to want to send him to a conference foe (even worse one thats in the division) and I think there are better deals for Washington elsewhere (NOP for picks or Philly for Simmons are 2 off the top). Finally, I dont think that the Heat can squander this season. What they did in the bubble shows that they are capable (although Brooklyn will be super tough) but how much longer can Dragic and Jimmy be the difference makers they are now?

D-rock likes this.
  2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I think the problem will be is that he does not want to be the 3rd guy that's also a big reason I do not want to resign him.

joshuaao, Emtenndo, DCHAMP and 2 others like this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Agree, Dipo is perfect 3rd or 4th guy.

But he thinks he is 1B.

And that Wall is 1A.

And that Wood is the 3rd even 4th option (when EGo plays).

DCHAMP likes this.
  4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I hope we trade him. If heathy , he has the potential to be a number #3 . I like his scoring ability in the paint, he can get hot from 3 , and his defense can be excellent .

but , man , this guy a bit of a black hole .

I feel like he missed Tate like 5-10 times vs OKC

D-rock likes this.
  5. vince

vince Member

I watch less and less NBA because I think the quality has gone down since players hold franchises hostage; the star players roster management sucks, based more on friends and running buddies than players complementing each other on the court.

I remember Rodman once said, he never had a conversation with Jordan outside of the basketball arena. They didn’t like each other personally, but complimented each other on the court and won 3 titles.

saleem likes this.
  6. PhiSlammaJamma

"IT" was not a good movie. I have no problem with this.

7. Boston84

Boston84 Member

maybe so but either way he’s gonna be highly sought after and herro is the ticket for Miami to land anyone really significant and I’d doubt they’d sell him off for dipo

Reeko and D-rock like this.
  8. Boston84

Boston84 Member

pat riley won’t settle for victor oladipo when there’s a potential big fish out there and regardless of your opinion on beal, he’s a higher priority then victor oladipo. They won’t trade herro for Vic. Beal can say everything nice and dandy but he’s gonna be traded and demand out, probably this offseason. This offseason he’s essentially a 1 year rental for anyplace where he doesn’t wanna go to because he has a player option.

he will 100% leverage his way to where he wants and a place like New Orleans with all their draft assets don’t mean a thing because he won’t extend there.

Reeko and saleem like this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

I'm okay with that.

Neither Herro or Beal would be my 1st tier targets for this Rockets team anyway.

Win-win in my mind.

Jaylen Brown is better fit than either IMO. Not that he is available.

Boston84 and saleem like this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Like I said, do not want.

Bon chance Miami.

Boston84 likes this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Hmmmmm

Boston84 likes this.
  12. sydmill

sydmill Member

I agree that Beal is the bigger fish. I said as much. My argument is that I'm not sure riles burns one of the few remaining seasons where Jimmy and dragon are upper echelon players waiting for beal when he CAN score Oladipo now and try and salvage this season.

13. Boston84

Boston84 Member

I think the disconnect is you think the only way he gets dipo is with herro and I don’t. I also don’t value dipo the way you do or think Riley does. Dipo can def help but the way he’s playing now he’s a borderline all star at best. U sure Riley is in a rush to trade for him only to argue about what he makes as dipo think he’s a max guy?

I think not.

14. sydmill

sydmill Member

I'm not sure that the disconnect is our valuation of oladipo. I agree that Oladipo is basically a legit all star player. Hes a solid 2 way player but not star. Hes a guy whose best season gets him on the all nba third team at best. I think we can agree on that. Where our disconnect is, I think, with the heat. They got to the finals last season but are 8-14 now. How long do you think their best player (Butler) can be the best player on a contender? I assume your answer is less than 4 or 5 years (my guess is 2 or 3)? If so, do you think they write off this season or take drastic measures? And if they are content to write it off, what avenue do they have to get better next season with no picks and Oladipo being one of, if not the, best available free agent?

I assume you will say that Beal will force his way to miami in the off-season and the heat will use herro in that trade. But if beal is forcing his way to miami then washington will just have to accept whatever they can get. A sign and traded Dipo + a pick package similar to Brooklyn's is pretty much what houston got for James Harden.

Regardless of all of this, Herro is really the latest of my trade targets with the heat. What do you think about this? Particularly from boston's perspective:

https://tradenba.com/trades/X4tM-hyOn

or

https://tradenba.com/trades/jh0hgLam3

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Beal does not want to leave DC, just said so few days ago.

16. sydmill

sydmill Member

I know. I have already mentioned that's why I think riley turns his focus onto oladipo.

D-rock likes this.
  17. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

The love for Herro is absolutely hilarious. The guy has a negative net rating and 55% TS.

He’s white and had a few good playoff games. I get the appeal to a certain type of fan. But he’s not the key to either Beal or Oladipo.

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Shooting guards we have. We need a playmaker and a 4. I've mentioned Simmons and also that we won't get him, unless Dipo and Morey have a bromance.

I like Dipo but will we get far with WOW (especially since the three seldom play together due to rest-injury-whatever)?

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

If Rockets can get Simmons for Dipo then he is a friggin STUD.

LOL

20. Boston84

Boston84 Member

I just don’t think a place like Miami gets desperate...for one they always attract free agents and usually are on a players trade demand locations, bam is like 23 and locked up and while butler is older, they are a well run organization and won’t panic and over pay for a player like oladipo using herro. An over pay is an over pay and don’t see Riley doing it.