1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oklahoma Newspaper Headline on Kevin Durant: "Mr. Unreliable"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ferrari77, May 1, 2014.

1. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Felt this headline deserved its own thread.

[​IMG]

(The editor who approved the headline and article should be fired before the end of the day imo)

Gotta believe KD will be more amenable to seriously leaving OKC in 2016 (if they haven't won anything by then right?)
    Git r done Morey???:confused::grin:

2. Mr. Space City

20,5 ppg shooting 33% with 5.5 turnovers while not showing up in the 4th/OT the last 2 games sounds pretty unreliable to me.

but if you're the okc media, you might now want to piss off your mvp and franchise player IF the thunder get eliminated.

not like okc is a free agent hotspot.

3. Mr. Space City

fixed*

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

LOL well if you look at their averages KD is still performing better than WB so :confused:

5. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

He's too busy doing commercials.

Lil B.

6. bongman

bongman Member

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/EZshVIW0MmnbG" width="500" height="281" frameBorder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  7. ferrari77

IDGAF about all that. The most important thing is the second sentence you wrote. Don't piss off your MVP and franchise player. Those don't come around frequently.

I can't imagine the Dallas Morning News in 2007 writing something similar about Dirk during the Golden State Series. I might be wrong but IIRC there wasn't anything similar written even though they would have had a case there.

8. Rockness

Rockness Member

At least he's honest and accepts the criticism:

9. ferrari77

The apology definitely doesn't help

http://fansided.com/2014/05/01/oklahoman-apologizes-kevin-durant-unreliable-headline/#!G3PpO

So instead of concentrating on his performance over his career, he is unreliable based on this one series? Even saying it as "he is unreliable in this series" is still such a charged statement that a reasonable person would expect KD and the entire OKC team to take offense to. The editor needed to take a few extra minutes and rework the headline. Bad bad move.

10. ferrari77

Lol, he'll accept it but i doubt he will forget or forgive them for feeling the need to criticize him as such.

I forget who the CF OKC fan is. Is that A_3PO? Need his thoughts on this.

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Where is Ja Rule? Where is Ja?

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Indeed I'm a HUGE KD fan and the Sonics/Thunder have been my 2nd team since KD was drafted. I believe BigBen (who is also a Rockets fan) and 2-3 others actually live in Oklahoma and OKC is their #1 team.

I love KD to death, but his flaws are showing. He SHOULD be able to easily post up Tony Allen and destroy him. Instead, Allen is in his head and he deserves criticism. Maybe receiving the MVP trophy in a near-empty room like Dirk will make KD fix this obvious flaw.

The headline was over-the-top, hence the retraction. I've said for a while KD is leaving OKC next summer. IMO, the Wizards and Rockets should be at the top of his list. Whether he admits it or not, this headline ticks KD off something fierce and it will make him that much more vindictive an vengeful about the Thunder after he leaves (though he won't publicly show it).

13. awc713

awc713 Member

OKC management gotta be pissed at the paper.

I really hope they lose. Only chance we have to nab him. Houston is the ideal landing spot IF he decides he wants out. Winning cures everything, but having Harden (his BFF) and a solid core, big market, great owner and city (OKC blows), have to give us an edge over other teams.

If only they don't win...well have a shot. Gotta wonder if he's getting fed up with westbrook. Dude is unbelievable, but not a good fit next to a player like KD. Dude went 10-31 last game, including 2-17 beyond the restricted area.

14. awc713

awc713 Member

Also...lol at people on twitter saying KD to the lakers. That team is utter disarray..no chance KD goes there, even in the slight chance he decides to leave OKC. When's his K up? Two years?

15. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Think it's time to consider a Durant/Westbrook/Ibaka for Lillard/Aldridge/Matthews swap.

Who says no?

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I've been rooting for Memphis because league-MVP Kevin Durant has become something of a chest-thumping, can't-guard-me, this-is-my-stratosphere bung-hole.

I love KD's game. When he's on, he's unbelievable (and a Rocket killer). Maybe I'm a little disappointed at the inevitable turn in his character. He's come a long way from the shedding-a-tear, hug-from-Mom KD that lost to Miami (and the refs) in five.

Surprised to watch how earhtbound KD has been in this series, but Westbrook's ball-hogging has been off the charts. You don't freeze out the game's best player. But Westbrook doesn't know that I'm referring to KD, not RW.

17. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

I don't like to do the "he say/she say" stuff, but I do have friends that know players and the word is he wants to reunite with his buddy Harden. We know he is a humble guy and don't say much (even though he been talking crap this year), but I'm told he is not too fund of Westbrook but he is a team player and just keeps quiet. Messenger not the source...... so don't bash me

1 person likes this.
  18. zipcrash

zipcrash Member

2 words

scottie brooks.

19. The Situation

The Situation Member

#THEBASEDGODSCURSE

[​IMG]

Lil B don't play around

20. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Glad too see we're not the only ungrateful fans.