1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

OKC Thunder ballboy tells Patrick Beverley he's coming to kill him

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 27, 2013.

1. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

He called Bev a spaz and he has the wonderful song about tiggers on his twitter. He said it's the greatest song ever.

2. Classic

Classic Member

Uhhh, did you see that douche? This is all this kid has going for him. Thus the death threat. I think you're wrong & that's pretty sad.

3. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Pat. Bev. is now a house hold name.

His days of playing over seas have come to an end.

Was not a dirty play at all, IMO. He played a hell of a game from start to finish.

4. Rockets0515

Rockets0515 Member

Bro where have you been these last couple of years. People do crazy stuff to other people. including 17 years old. How do you know he doesn't plan to actually do something to Beverley next time hes close to him, which obviously is possible because of his job. If enough people don't make a issue out of it, it will just be swept under the rug.

5. eugeniu

eugeniu Member

What is the difference between a letter and a personal tweet ?

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

All we're doing is fast forwarding the process. There's no way the media doesn't pick up on this, once it hits clutchfans. If this becomes a big deal out there, it won't be because of us. It'll be because it's a very serious and has been the last few years.

7. Reach

Reach Member

If he loses his job, then that's better for him in the long term. Kid has to realize someday that being an unpaid servant for NBA millionaires isn't really all that.

8. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Probably a good idea to start a thread... you can't be too safe. Twitter is a great forum for ugliness. It's also a great forum for finding idiots. I think an incident with Beverly would probably be as unlikely as the Westbrook's knee injury, but then again, that happened.

On a mental health sidenote... I stopped following Royce on Twitter, but I just checked back in, and his profile photo is now one of Ghandi. #BeWell

9. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>@<a href="https://twitter.com/billonparade">billonparade</a> @<a href="https://twitter.com/okcthunder">okcthunder</a> When does @<a href="https://twitter.com/mitchellbrwn">mitchellbrwn</a> find time to make death threats between masterbating and picking bread out of his braces?</p>&mdash; Paul Pelc (@paulandoates) <a href="https://twitter.com/paulandoates/status/328204666636754944">April 27, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

HAHA

1 person likes this.
  10. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

Great find Clutch.

I don't think this should be taken lightly at all. If I was OKC h&r, I would let this guy go. I don't want any of my employees acting like that, especially sending death threats to an NBA player.

11. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I'm not ignorant. In a post racial America that young people live in, saying the n word as a nonblack person doesn't automatically mean you are a racist.

13. Doctor Robert

Another comment about the responsibility of Twitter.

I understand that Twitter is a forum, and that like other forums, they aren't responsible for the views expressed within them. Twitter is used for organizing political events and probably acts of violence in places around the world where governments are oppressing populations.

That said, they have no "report" function. Could a report function even work on something of that scale? It would take 1 million employees to monitor all of the teenagers who were reporting their girlfriend for saying something mean to them.

14. landryfans

landryfans Member

It should be handled seriously since everyone has access to guns in USA, while in China you need register at supermarket to buy a kitchen knife.

15. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

That guy was right. It is classless of people to celebrate Westbrook going down. I couldn't believe some of what I was reading when the news broke.

I don't think the Beverley foul was dirty - but I do think it extremely unfortunate that a world class talent like Westbrook is out. I also worry that the Finals will be a lot less interesting as a consequence.

But on to the topic at hand - this kid should be fired for sure. His parents should also make him see a professional. Post-Columbine, this thing just isn't acceptable regardless of age.

1 person likes this.
  16. Doctor Robert

1 person likes this.
  17. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Meth makes people do crazy things. Freaking Oklahoma...

18. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

With the millions around the world that use twitter, it would be too difficult to monitor unless it was automated or something. But like most things, it could be abused.

19. King1

King1 Contributing Member

You're not very intelligent

20. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

All death threats must be taking very seriously. Report to the FBI. Interstate matter.