1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

OKC Thunder ballboy tells Patrick Beverley he's coming to kill him

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 27, 2013.

1. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

What is with all this lynch mob mentality? Kid is 17 and obviously made an youthful indiscretion. WTF do you want to publish this on national media and crucify him for?

This tweet should be forward to the OKC organization and the OKC police department.

That's it, full stop.

2. CarolNYC

CarolNYC Contributing Member

And to the "irate" Russ....

3. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Classy, impressed with Brooks and Durant. Can't say the same about others.

4. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

Houston police need to know about it for this evening so if he somehow traveled already with the OKC squad this weekend.

5. Rockets0515

Rockets0515 Member

You dont send death threats to people, especially when your job involves you being in close proximity to them. He deserves all the scrutiny hes going to get just for being an idiot. 17 is hardly a kid nowadays.

6. CarolNYC

CarolNYC Contributing Member

Yeah, gotta love this idiot...He manages to get a dig at Lin in there as well....Two birds with one stone, as they say. Ugh! People just suck sometimes.

7. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

But they won't take it seriously. And on the off-chance this kid is serious I don't think the police dept. or OKC organization take e-mail addresses available to the public very seriously or take their sweet time to read and respond to them.

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Care to cite two examples of "lynch mob mentality"?

You seem like you're a very careful person. Has recent history not suggested to you that clear-as-day death threats should be regarded with a minimum of suspicion?

9. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

Ok stupid, what happens if he does do something? Mental health issues are no joke.

10. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Wow! Looks like we got a smart guy here. :rolleyes:

11. Drphil

Drphil Member

This is *****en disgusting. I hope Pat's going to be alright the next game. He's gonna be a target everywhere.

12. New Generation

He's 17. In another year, these comments will get him in much worse trouble. It's better that he learns now, and learns for good.

13. Rockets590

Rockets590 Rookie

14. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

ahh the ignorance on these forums. i forgot such existed until somewhat controversial threads pop up.

15. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Wow, and that Thunderfan poster came here to tell us how unclassy our fan base is...

16. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

He's still a kid, a dumbass one at that.

17. DreamRoxCoogFan

I care about my team and its safety. Anyone that mentions hurting our players (whether as a joke or seriously) should be treated as a threat, especially when they have the means to actually cause damage. Sure he's a 17 year old kids, but teenagers are hardly immune from terrible actions.

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

It deserves to be on national media. Something is wrong with the kid, if he didn't know that was a very stupid thing to do, not just once, but twice, AND directly to Beverley.

I'ts not like he just tweeted out of frustration he was going to kill Beverely. It's a direct threat. He deserves to lose his position. If it doesn't get picked up by the media, the team may not do anything, other than just sit him out. It's not like his life will be ruined because he lost a part time gig at 17.

19. treyk3

treyk3 Member

It's cool guys he is a local celebrity!

20. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

If you read my post, I am not saying don't do anything, I said to forward the tweet to the OKC police department and I agree with a prior post saying to forward to the Houston police department as well.

I don't know what you're trying to accomplish with getting his name on national media other than to make his life miserable, i.e. being purely punitive. People are obviously frustrated and said stupid things, but let's get a grip here.