1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

OKC just lost by 73 points to MEM 152-79

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by palmsnbananas, Dec 2, 2021.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Patience likes this.
  2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

The misconception that most have on here is that tanking = guaranteed success. Nothing is guaranteed, however like what you stated, it gives you a chance to succeed. That opportunity--even if it's a 20% chance to hit on an All-Star with a top 5 pick--is better than a close-to-0% chance in other situations. Contrarians will gleefully point out the Giannis', the Jokics', the Kawhi's of the world as evidence that you don't need to tank in order to get a franchise player but they fail to understand and/or recognize that those are the outliers and not any where near close to the norm, especially a 2nd Rounder turning into an MVP like Jokic.

roslolian likes this.
  3. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

You totally missed my point. I said nothing about tanking. I would have much rather been in OKC fan when they had Durant and Company so young I had a chance to do something they screwed up traded away Harden. Now they're the joke of a franchise like never seen before. They just lost by 3 quarters of a NBA game. They have more points than probably any game this year at the same freaking time scoring most likely the least that will be scored all year. I'm pretty sure the Coogs could give them a series at this point. That was and all time crap sandwich effort.

Since you brought it up TANKING DOES WORK. See Spurs dynasty text book example of you get the right player.

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I don't know, man. We basically just found out that our slump-buster likes to have sex with old incels. :oops:

palmsnbananas likes this.