1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Okay.. so where is Carr going next year?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by IROC it, Dec 12, 2006.

1. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Don't take this as legit but my friend knows Gary Kubiak's cousin forgot his firstname and he told him Carr is gone next season and they already have new guys to take his place?

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i think you're blowing it out of proportion.

3. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

A day late and a dollar short

4. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

sometimes is way easier to say, "I was horribly wrong."

might prevent message board meltdowns ... i'm just sayin'.

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

hah, my heroooooooooo

6. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

what's his trade value? Steve McNair got the Titans a 3rd/4th round pick ...

in Carr's favor: very effective within 8 yards, pretty, master illusionist (sorry, it only works on his fans & Texans' management), decent arm, huge possible upside remains perpetually uncertain, great hair. no ego, drug or citizenship issues & girls should love him. able to maintain a Cali smile under duress.

ebay, that's the ticket!

7. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

LOL!

How about the Randy Quaid's version of "Wild Thing" in the movie, Major League. :D

" Mild thing, Mr Choke thing. You make everything embarrassing! Mild thing, I think I loathe you ... (but I want to know for sure). LOL.

OR even better back by popular demand The Safety Dance by Men Without Hats, we now bring the re-revisioned Oiler dance now, called the Texan dance. LOL.

"We can lose when we want to, we do it all the time. We can have some fun, run it down to the one and then, FUMBLE it away!" .... "It's the Texan dance, the Texan dance ..."

More memories to slash your wrists by. This would be more funny, if it werent so true! Which makes it tragically unhip. ;)

8. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

This is where we differ because I feel that what McNair, Smith & Kubiak did was try to make do with a bunch of players left over from the Dom. In a sense, they put spackle on the problem and hoped for the best. Now aside from picking Mario no. 1 (way too high for a guy like him who will need a few years to develop), they had an excellent draft especially when compared to Casserly's pitiful drafting record. Their free agents choices were basically a wash as none have really distinguished themselves. If they had actually "gutted" the team they would have cleaned house completely and guys like Babin, Johnson, McKinney, Peek would be elsewhere. Now, I can somewhat understand why they did not go that route because doing so would have quite possibly led to another 2-14 or 1-15 season and the guys in charge simply didn't have the stomach or the will to endure another season as the NFL's doormat. But as I look at this team right now, it is dead in the water with the same holes from last year with no sense that things are improving from the past 4 years. Despite all of the "spin" about how much progress has been made this season and how they are on the right path coming from McNair, Kubiak, John McClain and the talking heads on the radio, there is precious little evidence on the field to support this position.

Now I didn't expect a fixed number of wins like 8-8 but what I DID expect to see was a team that had turned the corner and had started to COMPETE. Above all, that has been my biggest disappointment with the Texans this year - their failure to compete because had they done so, they would have won some of the games where they had a legitimate chance of winning. Instead, what I see is a bunch of guys (starting with David Carr) going through the motions game in and game out doing (and saying) the same things over and over as the losses continue to mount. And no matter how you spin it or try explain it away, all you need to do is to look at Tennessee to see what happens when your team comes to compete every Sunday.

I feel that the Texans organization starting with McNair have circled the wagons and are in a state of acute denial about just how bad this mess is now and how bad it can get in the future. The fact that they are unwilling (or unable) to admit their mistakes virtually guarantees that they will continue to repeat them. That's exactly what's happened in Oakland with Al Davis in perpetual denial and what did happened here for the first 4 years with Capers and Casserly. My biggest fear is that the Texans will continue to pretend that they are right while everyone else is wrong and that in doing so, they will doom this franchise to the hell of perennial losers where Cleveland, Detroit and Arizona now reside.

9. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

that's not even remotely realistic. they have a salary cap they have to manage and a roster they have to fill; haphazardly cutting every underachiever makes both a dicey proposition. he got rid of a lot of casserly's flotsam; he'll jettison even more next year. be patient; they can't do that overnight.

plus, kubiak, i'm sure, identified a group of guys he wanted to see up close and personal first before making a decision - see if better coaching and/or schemes helped maximize their effectiveness. two of the guys you listed are former first rounders, the other a third rounder and mckinney was a fixture for 4 years on a good indy line. why would you cut those guys before putting them through your paces?

now, having said that, all 4, i suspect, will be gone next year (save for maybe johnson) and plenty more. i mean, did you honestly expect there to be 54 new guys on the roster this year? NINE NEW STARTERS; that's SIGNIFICANT turnover. and that doesn't even include the new starters who were back-ups last year (weary, faggins...)

and if you'd open your eyes, that's exactly what you'd see. they've won four games; they lost two others on the game's final play and they were competitive in the giant loss. their overall offense and defense is up. they've been a better team. are they a good team? no, of course not. do they have a giant pr nightmare to deal with? sure. but winning is going to remove any and all anger and they're on their way.

they just don't yet have enough players to compete on a consistent basis. but they're getting there.

good god, let's not start passing out lombardi trophies to the titans just yet; 2 games separate the two teams right now and the texans one horrible gary kubiak decision and one vince young scramble away from closing that gap completely.

admit their mistakes how? why would you come out publicly and state that the players you currently employ were mistakes? hey, sorry, mario - no offense, but we should have drafted young. same to you, david... you want see a team that doesn't compete or care....

people are flat-out wrong about how far away this team is - i will go on record with that. i fully expect, barring something cataclysmic happening, for them to win 7, 8, maybe even 9 games next year. if they continue to retool and upgrade the roster, games like the buffalo game, the giant game, even both titan games - they'll win those next year.

10. gunn

gunn Contributing Member

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but there are still 3 games left on the schedule to play including New England and Indy. So...... there still is plenty of time left in the season to get right back to those numbers.

11. Hey Now!

sure; or to improve... but yeah, let's definitely take the "the glass isn't half empty; it's shattered into a million pieces" approach, sure, sounds fun... who do they titans play this week? i'm fired up!

12. gunn

gunn Contributing Member

Don't be a douchebag. What's more likely to happen over the next three weeks: improve upon those rankings or worsen them? You are starting to sound like RM95.

13. Hey Now!

come on, man - douchebag is soooooo 2005; you can do better than that. i mean, if i was incapable of forming coherent responses to other posters and thus had to just resort to personal attacks, i would have gone with "****tard." it's way funnier.

anywho, you were saying...?

probably you calling someone a ****tard.

14. gunn

gunn Contributing Member

Sorry I didn't currently post up to your standards. But I'm relatively sure that like many of your arguments what's not convenient today will be convenient tomorrow.

As for being funnier, are you talking funnier than the one-liner attention whoring that you've eliminated from your posts? If so, then yes it's hilarious.

15. Hey Now!

so, honestly... DO you have a point... anything substantial to add whatsoever...? i mean, besides, "THE TEXANS SUCK!!!!" which is currently blowing the meter on the "no ****" machine right off......

16. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

if the Texans were on their way to a 6- or 7-win season, we wouldn't have nearly this much fun on a Rockets messageboard. i gua-run-tee that, my friends.

of course, with tracy's ailing back sidelining him "indefinitely," the GARM will probably resemble this trainwreck of a forum in about a week.

enjoy.

17. HillBoy

Oh Rat Fart! I forgot about the great NFL equalizer. Point taken.

18. updawg

updawg Member

I wonder if they would have -45 yards passing :D

19. HillBoy

Rimshot!!!

20. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Wow. And to think that I thought this thread had responses about the different trade possibilities.

(kinda what I was looking for)