1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Okay.. so where is Carr going next year?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by IROC it, Dec 12, 2006.

1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

What I find amusing is that most people predicted that the Texans would have 4-6 wins. There's a decent chance we'll win one more. We've been competitive in four of our last five losses, yet people are acting like this is a down year by a playoff team.

2. updawg

updawg Member

Ric, from now on I will just go to the game, give them my money and cheer when the scoreboard tells me to. In the meantime they can keep rolling out a crap team year after year with no incentive improve it because being a good fan means always rooting for the team and never being critical. Yay. I'm done you got me

3. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Winning is indeed the best medicine for what ails this town. I honestly believe that had they (Texans) won the games in which they had a chance, then no matter what happened last Sunday, the mood in the city would have different. If the Texans were 6-7 right now and Carr had stepped up and answered the challenge in the 1st Tennessee game, things would be better because there would at least be the impression that the Texans were at least finally on the upswing. After Sunday, there is simply no way one can look at this franchise and feel that they have turned things around or that they are even capable of turning this thing around. They have expended what little goodwill they had left after 2-14 and from this point on out, Kubiak has zero room for error. I don't see how an 8-8 record next year won't buy them anything more than more derision from the Houston football fans. Right or wrong, from here on out until they start winning, this franchise can expect to labor in the shadow of Vince Young and the Titans. Keeping Carr around would only add fuel to a fire that's currently raging out of control.

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

hey, the saints were what...3-13?? and they gutted.

i didn't expect more than 4-5 wins, either. but we shouldn't be happy about it. we're not cub fans.

going from 30th to 28th in varoius categories doesn't necessarily denote real improvement. and it certainly isn't gonna get anyone jazzed up.

5. updawg

updawg Member

thank you

6. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

or you can jam your fingers in your ears and scream bloddy murder, b****, whine, cry, stomp your feet over and over or moan like a female dog until they don't extend david carr, redo the 2006 draft and do exactly what YOU want...

they were the worst team in football last year; i know it sucks when boring **** like facts get tossed into the discussion, but, well, there ya go - deal with it. if you elect not to go along on their long journey back to respectability, there are 31 other teams that weren't the worst team in football last year who, i'm sure, would welcome you with open arms.

but if you're committed to the texans, than i suggest you start appreciating the small victories until the team is good enough to consistently deliver the larger ones. you keep making egregiously flase statements about the team - they need to gut it; they need to gut it more.... what would YOU have done differently? how many wins were YOU expecting this year?

the fact is they gutted it; and they'll continue to gut it. kubiak is going to wash the capers/casserly smell out of here, but it ain't gonna happen tomorrow.

the oilers played sub .500 ball FOR TWO YEARS with warren moon, mike rozier, ernest givins, bruce mathews, mike munchak, ray childress and william fuller all on the roster. give it time... they're on the right path.

7. MadMax

WOO HOOOOOOO!!!

THE TEXANS AREN'T THE WORST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE AGAIN!!!

CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES.

COME ON.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

1. How you lose it important
    2. Who you lose to is important
    3. How much improvement a team makes is important

I *honestly* do not think this team is better than the team last year
    I think they tanked last year
    . . otherwise they would have won at least 2 more games

Rocket River

9. Hey Now!

so, you're going to hold them to the same standard as the saints, who last year had that pesky storm thingy to deal with and played 16 games on the road? the saints, as posted previously, were 8-8, 8-8, 9-7, 7-9 and 10-6 in the five seasons prior to katrina wiping out the entire city, including many of the players' homes what? two weeks before the season.

and their best runner, best receiver, and three best defensive players were NOT part of the gutting. but sure... they seem like a fair measuring stick... seriously, you should go pull for them - easy to root for; good guys; they DID draft one of the "once in a lifetimes"....

no, the way everyone's acting, we're apparently yankee fans....

would you have preferred they drop to 32nd? gotta crawl before you can win consistently, know what i mean, MM?

but hey, the saints seems to have mastered that walking thing - have at it.

10. Hey Now!

so a team that, you know, tries and all, isn't any better than the one that tanks, huh? wow....

11. Hey Now!

max, my yawns are now yawning...

seriously, pick another team. you've repeatedly mentioned your lack of passion for them; you've canceled your season tickets; you can't forgive them for keeping david carr and passing on vince young; you have no patience and no interest in anything beyond the bottom line of wins, so why are you posting about the houston texans? spare yourself the agony and go root for another team.

12. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

There must have been something supernatural at play to make them play worse then their abilities.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I'm Talking Talent

Rocket RIver

14. Hey Now!

really....? you think last year's opening day starting line-up was comparable to this year's? wow.....

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Can we trade Carr for Iverson?

[​IMG]

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Did anyone hear the moron on 610 complaining that Carr nearly hit a cheerleader when he threw a ball away on Sunday? It's crap like that which makes me want to see Carr prove everyone wrong. Seriously, b****ing that he almost hit a cheerleader? Jeez.

17. updawg

updawg Member

Why would a cheerleader be within 5 yards of Carr when he's about to throw the ball?

18. MadMax

ric, come on. even you know it's ridiculous. i say they're a nightmare...you agree...then you come back and say, "but they moved from 30th to 28th in offense" as if we should be celebrating these things. it's a joke.

they're the local team, so i can't completely escape them. they're certainly the team i know the most about. i've said i don't feel for them what i feel for the rockets and astros...but i never said i'd stop rooting for them, entirely.

i have no patience?? please. give me a break, ric.

19. Hey Now!

no, give ME a break, MM. seriously. you're going to prolong this obviously horribly one-sided relationship because they're the local team???? go get cable or the internet, for chrissakes.

i mean, i understand being frustrated; i'm frustrated. but you (you being the collective who share your point of view) seem only interested in spewing the same rhetoric over and over again. you don't stray too terribly far from discussions that don't center around either a) david carr; or b) vince young; you're not open to new perspectives, silver linings, or sunshine up the ass; you don't appreciate the smaller victories they muster in place of the larger ones they're not yet able to deliver consistently.... seriously, what's the point?

i'm not trying to be a dick; i'm being sincere. it's as if you're resigned to marrying a woman you hate. i say curb the b****! go have affairs with cowboys and titans and saints... and then if she one day gets her **** together... maybe you give it another go....

20. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

well...uuummmmm...oh-kay...

came to the discussion a bit late...

...back on topic...

The Texans try to redeem themselves to the Longhorn Faithful who have "jumped ship" due to the Vince Young Debacle. They trade David Carr and Andre Johnson to the Chicago Bears for Rex Grossman and Cedric Benson.

also, the first PR move this team/owner needs to make to the fans is a sincere apology. seriously. just admit you made a mistake...publicly. i honestly think that would go a long way to calming the storm. if they continue to twist this and that and make excuses, it will further alienate the "fanbase." i'm not joking on this point, by the way. as for grossman/benson for carr/johnson...? well, the Texans have made poorer decisions in the (recent and distant) past.

jus' sayin'

keep up the good dialogue, folks. i've been thoroughly entertained.