1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Okay.. so where is Carr going next year?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by IROC it, Dec 12, 2006.

1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

And I think he's an idiot if he doesn't realize that current Texans saying those kinds of things in the media could hurt any possible trade the Texans could make for Carr when a trade would be more beneficial to the team than simply cutting him.

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

No, but I think the vast majority of players will give their all when millions of dollars are riding on it, not just because they guy they want is playing under center.

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Not that I'm aware of.

But there have been players jettisoned because their teammates lost faith in them. I think Dunta is just making it clear where he stands.

4. MadMax

Except if you're reading reports, it's a mixed bag. Remember, Clayton came out last week and said he was pretty sure the Texans had cooled on trying to trade Carr and were planning on keeping him.

So if Dunta doesn't have more information than that (and I don't know what information he does have)...then I could see why that would lead to him coming out and saying what he said.

5. updawg

updawg Member

I still think they will move Carr. If not they have big problems which will be huge half way through next season.
    They are starting to confuse me though

6. Major

Major Member

I totally disagree. I don't think a player on the Pittsburgh Pirates has nearly the same motivation level as one on the Astros or the Yankees. Or that players on the Atlanta Hawks are going to go all-out every day the way you would on the Suns or Mavs. Or that someone working for a company they don't like will work as hard as someone working for a company they love. It's just human nature to work harder if there's a bigger reward for it. Winning provides that day-to-day motivation. If you expect to lose, you're just not going to have the same energy level, and it turns into a self-fulfilling prophecy.

7. MadMax

http://houstonprofootball.com/

Ok, I think I missed THIS comment. According to houstonprofootball.com, this is what Dunta said on Cold Pizza this morning:

"He just hasn't gotten the job done for us," Robinson said. "We haven't been able to win games. We haven't been able to get over that hump, which was the reason why he was drafted. It's one of those business situations where you hate to see a guy like that go, but it's probably best for the team if it does happen."

8. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

i agree. but you're using extreme examples. one pirate or hawk player hustling and playing their ass off isn't going to convince a historically apathetic ownership to chart a new course; those franchises are dead from the top down - would you class mcnair with those owners? you can certainly do so with the results, but they haven't been a product of mcnair watching the bottom line, content to coast, not caring, etc.

i have no idea what's in robinson's head. does he blame carr or just feel sorry for him? regardless, i'd hate to think any player on this paticular team thinks he and/or his unit is above reproach.

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I think it's also a little different when you have guaranteed contracts.

10. updawg

updawg Member

Another example displaying things that motivate players. This link talks about how players are all of a sudden wanting to go play for a certain team (and it ain't the Texans).

link

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

That was all complete speculation. And there was even a direct quote from a former NFL player discussing why players might not want to go there.

Like the article said, there's not going to be many big name free agents anyway.

12. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

Sign me up Dunta, I'm on board with that...

BTW your play was down, you need to cover someone next season... :)

13. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Ahhh, here it is at last! And this is what we'll keep hearing about the 2006 draft until either Carr starts channeling Joe Montana or he's gone from the team.

14. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

why wouldn't they? they have as much, if not more $$ than any other team to spend and they have a wonderful 14 strikes and you're out policy.

15. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I'd agree with you if I actually believed that a trade market for David Carr actually existed. But since none exists, I don't believe that what he said can impact something that really isn't there. I had no quarrel with what Robinson had to say because he spoke the truth.

16. msn

msn Member

It was entirely unreasonable BS, Major. There was *no way* anyone on the Texans was thinking that way. We were just projecting our own frustrations onto the psyches of players in the organization, illogically assuming they would think exactly the way we would. We were just "making crap up".

Oh WAIT, both Moulds and Robinson have come out criciticizing Carr and saying he should be moved?

Never mind, then.