1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Okay, so now I see what direction we're going as a team...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dat Dude, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

Oh wait, no I don't. As much as I like Lin and think he's a good player, he's not Goran Dragic. He just isn't. I think if we have to pay Gogi somewhere in the $8-10 million range, we do it. From there, continue to work the phones and get that major piece we've been chomping at the bit to get. I still think Eric Gordon is very doable, as is Josh Smith. D12 is a much bigger reach, but the first two can be had.

Thoughts?

2. smr6

smr6 Member

I think our direction will be very clear once we actually know what roster we start the season with.

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Then why did you create a new thread??

There is how many Jeremy Lin threads in the GARM?

4. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

maybe we should wait until free agency is over or better yet at least until july 11 before we make assumptions

5. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

I see the direction this thread is going...down the ****ter.

1 person likes this.
  6. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

It's almost as if Morey is trying to split his assets into two superstars, but their respective teams want a little more than the half asset package the Rockets are offering. Morey probably has to commit to one superstar and build the roster from there

7. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

8. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Marketability. Lin is like the asian Blake Griffin at the pg position.

9. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

I like the idea of a Lin-Gordon-Asik trio, which has a up-tempo point guard, a near-superstar shooting guard, and a defensive stopper center. Like it a lot. Combine that with a defensive wing like Parsons and maybe Patterson or White at power forward, and we got a playoff team.

10. Numero.Uno

Numero.Uno Member

I really don't know that I understand why so many people think Dragic is better than Lin. Both were full time starters for about a month and they put up basically the same stats during that period. Lin averaged 18.2 points and 7.7 assists, while Dragic averaged 18 points and 8.4 assists.

I think you are taking a risk with either.

11. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

Dragic turned us down so we are talking with Lin now. Sounds pretty simple to me.

12. pass_to_Hakeem

I'm with that plan .. in fact I love it when a Plan comes together

13. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

Except this isn't specifically about Jeremy Lin. This is about what Daryl Morey is doing...to which no one really knows the answer to. Come to think of it, does Daryl even know what he's doing?

I know free agency JUST started, I get that, but you'd figure some sort of pattern might be apparent. And that just isn't the case at all. I don't know, I guess I'm just frustrated that things continue to appear bleak. However, I'm also not that naive to know that things can change on a dime...

14. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

I agree with about everything you just said. though I'm not pompous enough to create my own thread about it.

Lin is garbage. Morey is talking about acquiring all-star caliber players?? Well, he's letting a future all star PG walk out the door right now. The off-season has, up to this point, been very frustrating and unfortunately it's not looking any better..

15. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

[​IMG]
    THOUGHT

16. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

Compare their numbers.

17. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

the fact that Lin and Dragic are similar players is probably why Morey is putting an offer out to Lin since line may be cheaper doing the 5/5/15 deal like asik...

18. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

Haha, pompous, that's rich. Maybe I just have the balls to actually say something? I don't know. I suppose it's a moot point regardless. In the end, our bickering doesn't change the fact that, at first glance, Morey appears to be running around like a chicken with his head cut off. I pray that the man changes this!

19. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

What a terrible thought. Depressing even.

20. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I agree with everyone just to be agreeable. Thats what some clutchfans really want from me.