1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Okay ClutchFans... let's all take a deep breath, the deadline has not passed yet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bo6, Feb 23, 2011.

1. SpaceCityKid

SpaceCityKid Rookie

Taking your part of being a fan too seriously, I guarantee you no one is stressing more than the Rockets FO.

The "if" game has been going on for the past month. Morey is going to go down to the wire, where we might end up leaving with, nothing. I hope Morey pulls something out of his ass, as much as any fan, it's just a really tight situation.

Thus, my picture showing the conjecture of DM, for those who didn't understand it.

2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

If i'm the rockets here's what I'm doing. Some will say that it is selling our players for 50 cents on the dollar, but we reap the added benefit of having our younger guys get more playing time. It is definantly time to start over. I think these trades are fairly even but i might be wrong

1st - Sac has long since expressed interest in brooks. I think they will take him off our hands for Hassan Whiteside and if its not asking too much a protected first round pick that slowly looses protection. This trade becomes moot if sacramento really has no interest in brooks

2nd- Shane deserves to go to a contender. Boston has a need for wing defense. We send them battier and in return I'd be happy with a late first rounder in the 2012 or later draft and Avery Bradley ( the kid has potential and i dont think boston is particulary enamored with him ) Boston might have to add a filler to make salaries match. I'm no expert on those sorts of things

3rd - its an idea that has been tossed around for a while , Scola to OKC . they definantly need a post presence and i dont think Green is too much to ask. I would do scola for green straight up... Also i dont think scola needs to be traded at the deadline and i feel that we might be able to get a better deal during the offseason ... but moving scola does free up P Pat and Hill to get more playing time..Yes jordan hill. As bad as he has been, All players should stand to improve if they get more signifacant minutes.... and despite some peoples beliefs he DOES have untapped potential. maybe he reaches it/ maybe he doesnt.

4th- with most of our veterans gone we should try to deal martin and maybe even lowry in the offseason. I realize that they are good players but in martins case he doesnt play defense. we should see if we can get asik+ filler + cha 1st and a few of the bulls firsts for him . Maybe i'm underestimating him but, if you're chicago you take that deal any day of the week. And from the rockets standpoint , if we arent going to keep him we should max value from him. I think the teams that would want him most are orlando or chicago and of those 2 chicago can offer us more.

I want to apoligize right now for the length of the post, i dont write too much but i feel very strongly about this and wanted to imput my ideas into the discussion.
    those trades give us a roset like this

lowry/ish/bradley
    lee/twill/filler from chicago
    green/bud/twill
    hill/Ppat/jefferies
    hayes/asik/whiteside/miller
    and i might have forgotten a few

Thats a pretty terrible lineup, but one that has some potential in the future.
    Now, In the offseason we really have some options. I would first try to buy our miller. That wont happen though. based off of what happened the rest of the season we can decide whether or not to sign Green. But more improtantly we enter the draft with our own high pick and other picks from various teams. We can use them or trade them. I trust Morey in this area. The other thing i might add is we can find a deal during the deadline for jefferies expiring i would pursue it. Thats all i can think of right now. Hit me back with your thoughts.

1 person likes this.
  3. McRaggize

McRaggize Member

i'm in China and now i really hope that when i awake next morning and browse the NBA news, i can find a headline just like this:

"... sent to Houston for ..."

come on morey!!

4. PolarBear

PolarBear Contributing Member

I'd prefer Jeffries, Brad Miller and if necessary the Knicks 2012 first round pick.

Why it works for us:

We get Kaman for the rest of 2011 and 2012. We get rid of Miller's contract, and keep 2 younger assets with upside on low contracts.

Why it works for the Clippers:

The Clips get another first round pick, a veteran backup center for DeAndre Jordan with only one more year of reasonable money ($4.7M), and get yet another $7.5 million under the cap in 2012 to make a run at a premium free agent.

I would also try to deal for either Thabeet or Asik for as a backup Center for Kaman. If that player develops, we don't have to resign Kaman in 2013, or we can flip him at the 2012 deadlinle. If the player is a bust or gets injured, (and Kaman is productive), he can be resigned.

5. Bo6

Bo6 Member

Pretty solid post. I think Morey is really trying hard for Cousins, but I can see him settling for Whiteside.

As far as OKC, that is an interesting proposition, you also have to factor in that Harden/Ibaka/Green all have to get paid relatively soon and they can't sign all of them (with Westbrook and Durant getting hefty contracts).

6. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

yeah thats one of the main things i had heard about OKC and green

7. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Due im on the same boat except im in Australia. I woke up thid morning hoping for the exact same thing. Oh well maybe tomorrow morning we will have better luck. Its 7 pm here now. Roughly another 12 hours left for the deadline.

I will be waiting for this "... sent to Houston for ..." till then.

8. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

What?