1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Okay ClutchFans... let's all take a deep breath, the deadline has not passed yet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bo6, Feb 23, 2011.

1. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Roy Hibbert, please.

2. Showtizzle2642

al jefferson and gerald wallace please.

3. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Hey we have (former) lottery picks too! Jordan Hill, Terrence Williams, and Patrick Patterson say hi! ;)

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Those are late lotto picks though, and also the Rockets have done a very poor job of showcasing them.

Had they played Patterson more I really felt like he would have done this earlier and it's possible teams would want him OVER Favors. He has shown more than Favors no doubt.

Twill the Rockets have KILLED his trade value by gluing him to the bench.

5. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

Chris Kaman for Jeffries, Budinger, Hill and maybe even Knicks 12 first rounder

6. amaru

amaru Member

I could live with that depending on how bad his contract is

7. SpaceCityKid

SpaceCityKid Rookie

Thursday is upon us, activate Rape Stache.
    [​IMG]

8. Relentless

Relentless Member

Oh jeez.
    [​IMG]

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Hawks open for business!

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

11. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

13. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I'd be really surprised if Morey pulls off a trade this late. I just dont see it happening... Morey knows he cant get back in value what he would send out. He'd rather sit back and try to make noise in the coming free agency.

14. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

Something is happening for a change definitely. Even if its keeping the same team for the rest of the season, thats a step forward for the future.

Everybodys on their toes definitely.

15. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

With the Wizards trade, I doubt they trade em now

1 person likes this.
  16. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Dude, Morey always waits until the final day(Lowry then Kmart. I'm not surprised at all.

17. Bo6

Bo6 Member

[​IMG]

18. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I know it's frustrating, but I'm not losing hope on Morey's GM prowess. I can honestly say I have agreed with every signing/trade over the last few years and more importantly, I didn't feel we were brought down by any horrible signings. Sometimes the best moves are the ones you don't make and I think being flexible enough to take advantage of an opportunity is the quickest way to a star - that may mean with shorter contracts or quality players to trade for or even being in great cap position in the new CBA(don't underestimate that - NY & NJ overpaid to get in before the new CBA limits them) If you just play the draft game, you may be like Milwaukee who has been waiting for a true transcendent star since Lew Alcindor....

I'm not particularly sold on the moves New York OR NJ made and certainly if you look at front office track records, Utah & Denver are generally considered better run organizations than the Nets or the Knicks. Not that scoring Melo or Deron or even Amare are bad moves, but what they had to give up to get those assets I think is a little too much. Does no one else see this as no small coincidence? Who got better trade grades on ESPN in these instances? Not the teams who ended up with the marquee players....and that's the point.

All of us in Houston are getting antsy seeing these stars get traded and wonder why we aren't involved and yet your seeing this pattern that teams are giving up too much for these stars and not giving themselves the flexibility to build a solid team around them. How is NJ going to make themselves better now? They have few picks left and few big contracts. They can sign maybe one more big FA but looking at their roster now, how are they going to fill out the rest of the roster? How is NY planning on getting past the Heat when they have 3 max contract players, scrubs to surround them with - only their 3 players are not as good as the Heat's three?

....we all assume these are going to be contending teams and I think they will be "good" but I can't see teams like NY, Miami, or event he Nets in a few years really compete against real teams like the Lakers, Spurs, Celtics, Portland(if they got Wallace and are bringing Roy back), etc...

20. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Josh Smith Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if we came away with Smith, i wouldn't care what else happened this trade deadline.