1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Okay ClutchFans... let's all take a deep breath, the deadline has not passed yet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bo6, Feb 23, 2011.

1. delta69er

delta69er Member

New Orleans won't trade CP3 within their own division, I think Portland's closing in on Wallace, and I think Iggy's contract is a major turnoff.

With that said, I do like Granger and he would be a slight improvement over Martin, but that depends on who we'd have to give up to get him.

2. Sekcomenpal

Sekcomenpal Member

No one saw it coming except who was working the phones... And it was our GM!

He was working at a Deal that would have got Deron to SAC... Who knows what he had in mind! But the guy is working... Let him work!

3. pge71188

pge71188 Member

Andrew Bogut

4. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

So far its been..

[​IMG]
    In other words, ALMOST. I'm hoping for a couple of miracle deals.

5. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I like Morey to trade Yao to New York just to spice things up. C'mon!!

6. Bids9

Bids9 Member

Would be super happy with this. Doubt Milwaukee get rid of him however.

7. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

We will make some stupid trade and the Rockets' management will say

"We been targeting player X the whole time, we we really wanted another mediocre player."

....after Melo, Dwill, G Wallace go somewhere else.

1 person likes this.
  8. FullMetal Sage

I doubt anything GOOD gets done. Just dump AB, Battier, Jeffries, Scola for picks.

9. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Just think the trade deadline to Call of Duty if you wait(camp) you might just get a nice deal(kill).

:grin:

10. amaru

amaru Member

Campers have a tough time winning when competing with more aggressive players in COD.

If the Rockets are campers, we can expect not to see to much action and only get the scraps that the rushers (the other teams) leave behind.

:(

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

IDK what you people expected.

NO WAY we could get Dwill with what we had PLUS there is this little rivalry between the two teams..

Thats why I've been saying since like week 3 of this season. We need top 5 Lotto picks. Thats the best way to get a superstar, Nets had one and therefore were in both talks for Melo and Dwill.

That's why i've been saying all this winning crap to compete for the 8th seed is silly.

What the Rockets NEED to do is trade Battier to the Celtics, Trade Scola somewhere else, and maybe even Martin, play the young guys and watch the team fail.

Acquiring Gwallace ain't doing nothing. It'll make us a 7th seed at best.

12. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

I would be a rusher. :grin:

I have no intentions of turning this thread into a COD thread.

13. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

What if he has a direction but other teams just are not willing to move players he hopes to get? Is that his fault?

Oh yeah, tank the season so we can get a top pick in next years draft? For what franchise changing player may I ask? Dont see any Olajuwons, O'Neals, Magics, or Birds coming out anytime soon. We have good players, he is just trying to move a couple to get a all-star talent to play with them. Not easy getting those players. If not, we will have cap space avail this summer to try again.

14. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Not gonna happen sir. Sorry.

15. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

I personaly like the idea of rebuilding and we can probably get some picks for Battier, Scola and Martin.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Love your crystal ball there.

Any ways was Favors the next Tim Duncan? Hell no, but he has potential to sell and teams will be willing to buy it if they realize they have to rebuild themselves.

It's great now the Jazz will be ahead of us in their rebuild. While we 'compete' for the playoffs they'll have Favors and now another top lotto pick.

17. underrated015

underrated015 Member

got a crazy feeling its him, if u are the one to argue that hes on a playoff team, well wasnt deron williams on a playoff team and utah said so long. keep hope alive cfans.

18. Salvy

Salvy Member

19. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

doubtful if he was going to be moved i am sure cavs have us trumped with picks and a massive trade exception to eat his entire contract.

i mean honestly our assets are of no value i guess...or morey is an idiot. id prefer wallace to granger actually.

20. Don FakeFan

Don FakeFan Member

tanking to get a top 5 pick, then trade for a star. Just like what Nets did.

The bolded part in your post is what exactly went wrong.
    We have nothing to get all-star talent. why bother?

Shedding the salary, getting picks, making the team worse is the only direction that Rockets should go.