1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ok boomer

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I like the term iGen better than Gen Z.

I like them, so far.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I feel like this level of generational animosity is unique because of two things.

1) Life expectancy has increased so much so fast that for the first time we are seeing a 4 generations coexisting as functioning adults. Add to the fact that the improved life expectancy has allowed boomers to hold on to their societal power longer than we are likely used to.

2) Communication systems have improved so much and become so ubiquitous that you see interactions between these 4 generations that otherwise would never have happened anywhere than within a home or Thanksgiving dinner.

I can't wait to become hated by my successors. Woo!

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'll just stop paying for their cellular service, and then what are they going to do?

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Boomers would have to resort to mailing letters and smoke signals if it weren't for us helping them with their tech.

Phillyrocket and tmoney1101 like this.
  6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Hypnotize them with the blinking VCR clock.

tmoney1101 and Andre0087 like this.
  7. likestohypeguy

[​IMG]

tmoney1101, dachuda86 and KingCheetah like this.
  8. HTM

HTM Member

Boomers are the worst.

I love/hate seeing that "Indeed" commercial come up during the World Series every commercial break. The Boomer parents "frustrated" with their kid moving back in after college insinuating young people today are just lazy bums who just want to free load. As if the crippling cost of education, sometimes life crippling, and outrageous price of real estate combined with a lack of quality employment opportunities in a situation created by Boomers aren't to blame.

Must have been nice to go to college for cheap, buy a home for cheap and have plenty of opportunities for gainful employment in the 70's/80's.

9. Nook

Nook Member

I mostly see younger people b****ing about Baby Boomers and not so much the other way around.

Maybe because I do not have many Baby Boomers around me.

Whatever........ basically everyone that cries about the generations before or after them are weak.

Falcons Talon likes this.
  10. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Do you never look at Facebook comments on news stories? Boy do they b**** about Millennials.

The most hilarious thing to me though is when they complain about participation trophies... when they were the ones giving us participation trophies.

REEKO_HTOWN and jiggyfly like this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

Honestly I have weeded out a lot of people on Facebook.

My parents and aunts and uncles are boomers but they really are not the type to be complaining about Millennials or any other group... most of them are pretty progressive.

I do hear a lot of Millenials complain about Baby Boomers but mostly it is just in passing........ I personally just find the mutual complaining to be very odd.

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm starting to get some snippy comments from my Gen Z kids about destroying the planet and all. They... lack a lot of historical perspective. And... don't know much about economics or engineering or government or the human condition. They don't know poverty or suffering or injustice. But they'll get there. And thirty years from now, their kids are going to be criticizing them for all the problems their generation have allowed to become new crises while they were fixing our crises. I had many harsh things to say about baby boomers when I was young. And, I still think they're mostly selfish dumbasses. But, I empathize now.

13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think it's fair having a thread picking on Deckard.

reported

adoo and Space Ghost like this.
  14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It sure as hell was - and you are right, the dumbasses that continued to **** our country by electing those that enrich the RICH over the rest of society have cost us.

Get the GOP out of there and we can turn this ISH around.

VOTE !

DD

15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Nook and rockbox like this.
  17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There is a reason why replicants were built with an expiration date... ;)

mdrowe00 likes this.
  18. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

All my siblings are boomers and I find this hilarious. One is a the stereotypical boomer with goofy facebook posts and all. Now I can just say, "ok, boomer" when he says something stupid.

19. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Sure. Boomers came right of college making 100K to pay for that 40k house.

This reminds me of a friend of mine who is a boomer. Her kid just went off to college this year, after getting kicked out of the premium prep school on her side of the state ... because he couldn't wait 2 months for graduation to smoke pot. He went straight into university (10 minutes from his home) and his mom (much like your rant) immediately start envying him because his dorm room consists of private restroom, mini kitchenettes, and private rooms. That is not a dorm room. That is an apartment! And you wonder why college costs are crippling.

No, I do not feel bad for the iGen. Boomers and Gen X had no problem working minimum wage jobs at age 16 to buy their first cars. They had no problem starting at the bottom of the chain to get their career going. Employers do not want to babysit and train children who have absolutely no skill sets.
    If you're a person who is determined to further your skill set coming out of college, they are very employable. The ones who are ranting about crippling debt and no employment opportunities are the ones who have poor work ethics (ie: i wasn't put on this earth to work my entire life) and something to offer to their industry do very well.
    There was a time determined people went to college. Their determination is what allowed them to easily fit in the work place. Now a bachelors is nothing more than an extension of high school.

cml750 and bobrek like this.
  20. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

It was awesome.
    Just want you to know I really enjoyed it, I didn't waste the sweet spot I was born in to by no choice of my own.

I think the changes came about from unfettered capitalism though. Money buys power to make more money. Like Rockefeller, when you let the money control the politics, it's going to concentrate money and power indefinitely until only a few folks have all the money and power. And they are not going to let you have any, well just enough to keep you alive to provide the support services they need.

Since armed revolution is off the table, you should probably support Bernie. He's the closest thing to Theodore Roosevelt on the horizon.