1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oilers vs Bills 1992 on NFL Network!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Bobblehead, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

I know this is a sore subject and trust me, I'm still not over it even to this day. But history is history and I actually have interest in watching this.

NFL Greatest Games...Houston Oilers VS Buffalo Bills 1992....airs This Thursday 2p-3:30p on NFL Network.

2. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

2:00 to 3:30? Yep, that will be just enough time to show the first half and the first minute of the third quarter...

3. Bobblehead

It's not the whole game in real-time moron. It's probably like either "replay" or a documentary on the game with interviews and such!!!

4. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Wow, a little sensitive?

a) chill out

b) he wasn't being an ass. he was saying that he'd be interested in watching the parts where the oilers were playing well.. which was up through the INT-TD (Bubba I think?)

c) I don't know what's wrong with you posting this thread and WANTing to watch it! haha.. I sure as hell don't.

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

and of course to follow that kick to the nuts there's always the 24/7 UH vs. NCSU 1983 NCAA Final channel called ESPN Classic.

6. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

[​IMG]

7. Bobblehead

8. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

isn't it 1993?

9. OldManBernie

OldManBernie Old Fogey

I actually enjoyed the first half, it's the second half that killed me. :(

Maybe they aren't even showing the playoff game, and showing the season finale instead. I wouldn't mind watching that.

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I blame myself.

I called my Dad at halftime to gloat. We were both so giddy that we could hardly talk. Up 28-3 with the Bills 1st-string QB and RB out of the game? What could possibly go wrong? We made plans to watch next weeks game together....

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I blame my brother. He came over at halftime because he didn't want to watch it by himself.

12. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

The game that convicted, executed, and buried the Houston Oilers forever.

13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

that's interesting. i honestly feel like had they won the next season, all would have been forgiven. they rattled off a bunch of wins in a row in 93, won the division title, but ultimately lost to the chiefs in the dome.

14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

They went from 1-4 to 12-4 (11 straight), and got a first round bye (only time in the Moon era)... the winning streak actually coincided with the Rockets' streak of 15-0 (and then 22-1) to start the 93-94 season (pretty cool to have both Houston teams streaking impressively at the same time).

The reason why the 93 team had an even better chance than the 92 team was the way Buddy Ryan had them playing defense... the offense was still very potent (with Slaughter taking Drew Hill's place), but the improved defense was supposed to ensure any Buffalo-like collapses. Also, having the first round bye and home-field advantage certainly gave them the best chance to reach their only AFC championship game of the run and shoot/pardee tenure.

Alas, they lost to a Cheifs team that they DOMINATED in week 2 (30-0)... they couldn't protect Warren, and Montana was just too super-cool, even at his old age.

15. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

God I miss the Oilers.

16. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

I don't think I believed that the Oilers could actually go all the way ever again.