1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oilers/Titans or Texans?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Marteen, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Marteen

Marteen Member

Now we have a huge buzz around the city about the Texans beating the Colts. But I've been wanting to ask you Texans fans for a while. Before this season started and all this buzz was going on, would you have preferred to have the Oilers/Titans back? Or just keep the Texans?

I know the Titans lost the SuperBowl, but wouldn't you have liked to have been city of that team when it did? I know some of you missed McNair playing for Houston. Maybe even Vince Young and Chris Johnson would be playing here?

If you had a choice, who would you stick with?

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

interesting discussion.

3. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

No spell can reawaken the dead, Montaro. I trust you know that. Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy.

4. Marteen

Marteen Member

I actually don't want the Titans back. I love having the Texans because I didn't watch football in the 90's since I was a little kid at that time. Now, I'm starting my 20's and the Texans are a contender. I just wanted to know what Texans fans who used to be Oilers fans think about this.

5. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Never wanted them back.

Was in attendance when the Texans whipped the Cowboys in the inaugural franchise game and haven't looked back.

7. Lonestar28

Lonestar28 Member

Screw the titans. Possum holler can have them.

8. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

For me now it's simple, TEXANS. I was totally pissed when Bud left town. He wanted an upgrade at the Dome, He got it, then he wanted a new stadium. It should have been new stadium from the jump but no so he leaves.

I would hate to have that team the way they are constructed now. Can't stand Vince. Good team, just despise them.

Bob McNair is a good person and a solid owner. I wouldn't have it any other way now. I believe he has the right people in place for this orginization to be successful for a long time. TEXANS all day long.

9. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Want them back - NO

Never wanted them to leave - YES

Basically whats done is done, the Texans are OUR team now and that is all.

10. Khal80

Khal80 Contributing Member

The team that has Houston in their name.

Didnt want to see the Oilers leave, but now, its all Texans.

11. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Texans all the way.

12. Mr. Space City

13. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Whatever one feels about Bud Adams, I got a real hard time resenting people like Fish, Floyd Reese, McNair, Eddie George, "Hands" Wycheck, local officials like Bredesen or the people of Tennessee as a whole; everyone just did their best to support that team and make it work. Houston has no claim on anything they accomplish as the Titans. It sucks that they get the Oilers' history; but Bud Adams helped found and subsidize the AFL, and that Oilers name was originally his Dad's from some company basketball team when he ran Phillips Petroleum: so Bud has every right to it.

I think the Texans deserve all the support in the world: if not for the $700 million Bob McNair paid for it, then just to shame all the rich jackasses in LA who couldn't figure out over seven years how to cash-in on a guaranteed NFL franchise bid.

14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

It all seems like ancient history now.

Go Texans.

15. foo82

foo82 Member

It's like choosing between the Ex you loved that left you over your current girlfriend. Do you wish she had stayed? Yes, would you dump your current gf to take her back? No.

16. Poloshirtbandit

More or less how I feel. It took me a while to warm up to the Texans and I'll probably never be near as diehard a Texans fan as I was for the Oilers, but they are our team now.

17. junglerules

junglerules Member

Titans/ Oilers. Glad to see the Texans might be turning the corner, but when the Titans and Texans play, it's easy for me to know where my allegiance lies. Not even a conscious choice- I pull for the team I grew up with.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Oilers are the 1st wife. She left you, it was ugly, but you have a strong history and will always love her in a way. You don't want anyone else to have her, you don't want to see or hear from her, but you still care...

Texans are the hot new wife that makes you feel young again, hot body, care free, you love her too.

Always go with the younger. Always.

19. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

If you don't live in Houston anymore I can understand this. If you've continued to live in Houston I don't understand how people can root against a team that has Houston in front of their name and root for a team that has Tennessee in front of their's....mrdave, kate81???

20. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Texans.

Oilers are no more. They left us....F'em