1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

OIG Report on Comey

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tallanvor, Aug 29, 2019.

1. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

came out today. haven't read it but reports are it find he violated the fbi policies. Up to FBI to prosecute.

Page 54: 'Comey's actions with respect to the Memos violated Department and FBI policies concerning the retention, handling, and dissemination of FBI records and information, and violated the requirements of Comey’s FBI Employment Agreement.'

'particularly concerning that Comey did not tell anyone from the FBI that he had retained copies of the Memos in his personal safe at home, even when his [COS], the FBI's [ADD], & 3 SSAs came to Comey’s house on May 12, 2017, to inventory & remove all FBI property.'

#1 tallanvor, Aug 29, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Keep hope alive.

Nook likes this.
  3. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

FBI policies have a sad face.

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Good

Violate away if the purpose of violating is telling the American people that the President of the United States asked you to "Let it Go" and obstruct a lawful investigation.

I'm glad Comey violated "Policy". Fu$k policy. Do what's right, and he did it in this case.

In other cases, I certainly disagreed with his decision even though I do somewhat understand why he did it. Notice in the IG report the phrases used are "Sensitive Investigative Information"... not classified information, and the phrase used was "FBI Policy" now laws. Comey knew and knows how to NOT break the law. He was the most senior person in law enforcement at the time. I'm glad he stuck his neck out and was able to bring sunlight to clear misconduct by the President of the United States, and didn't break any laws in going about doing it.

Again... Comey did what was right in this case, and we should be applauding him for that. He gave up his career for it while not breaking any laws.

#4 dobro1229, Aug 29, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
    DaDakota likes this.
  5. dobro1229

Can you imagine if Bill Barr was ballsy enough to actually charge Comey with the crime of disclosing classified information in this case, and Comey pleaded Not Guilty?

Talk about how stupidly third world we'd look like with Comey on trial for this.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  6. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

No Worries and FranchiseBlade like this.
  7. tallanvor

It says he leaked to his lawyer to leak to the press. It's literally on page 2.

Why would care if comey leaked through an intermediary instead of directly?

8. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

My quote is from the report. Keep reading...

9. tallanvor

I'm aware. Try reading page 2.....

What you are saying is comey didnt hand the report directly to media. So what? He gave to his lawyer and instructed him to leak to media.

Try keeping up

10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The report says that his attorneys also did not leak it to the media.

12. tallanvor

It says he leaked a summary to the media and that comey ordered it.

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Should any of this be important to me? Give him the electric chair, whatever he leaked (classified information or a summary) is still true, right?

14. biff17

biff17 Member

This is gonna be good.:rolleyes:

15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is from the report.

It has already been quoted.

adoo likes this.
  16. cml750

cml750 Member

The investigation that will likely take Comey down is still ongoing.

17. dobro1229

I know I know ... (insert overused and out of context Lloyd Christmas meme)

18. tallanvor

yea instead the reporter read the memo and gave a summary to a journalist. Thats what I just said. Comey told him to do this

"
    Comey sends a digital photograph of Memo 4 (describing the meeting in which Comey wrote that President Trump made the statement about “letting Flynn go”) to Richman via text message from Comey's personal phone. Comey asks Richman to share the contents, but not the Memo itself, with a specific reporter for The New York Times. Comey's stated purpose is to cause the appointment of a Special Counsel to ensure that any tape recordings that may exist of his conversations with President Trump are not destroyed. Richman conveys the substance of Memo 4 to the reporter.
    "

You all stuttering over Comey not actually handing the full memo directly to a journalist, but instead giving the full memo to an attorney to brief to a journalist is about the most pathetic splitting of hairs i can imagine.

To any rational human being, leaking the memo to your attorney and telling him to read the contents to a journalist is the same as 'leaking the memo'

19. dobro1229

I can’t remember. Can you refresh my memory about the information that Comey leaked please? Who was involved and what did that person say or do?

20. tallanvor

classified information for the purpose of starting a special counsel that ended about being for false bullshit.