1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oh... the Suns fans are just bitter!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CY02, Jan 10, 2003.

1. CY02

CY02 Member

"As much as i hate the Lakers and Shaq he is by far the best center even now being beat up, Yao is not a dominant player and ive got questions if he will ever be more than a decent player-no defense, soft, not esp fast..etc... "

http://www.phxsuns.net:8080/WebX?14@40.bIcMawd9q7Z^4@.2cb51534/26

Well we all say nice things about Stoudemire here. On the other hand their fans just have as little class as their cry baby player (Marbury)! :mad:

#1 CY02, Jan 10, 2003
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2003
  2. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Man, they must have a lot of band width with which to play considering all the posters have sig pix. That probably means they don't have too many fans cluttering their board.

3. olliez

olliez Contributing Member

[​IMG]

I laughed with tears rolling down my cheeks while reading their posts.
    :D

4. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

As is so eloquently posted on orangewhoopass.com...

WAH F*CK*NG WAH!

When was the last time the Suns had even a halfway decent cener? Uhhh...NEVER??

Kiss of death, b****es...

5. zhaozhilong

zhaozhilong Member

They have one of the worst ways of displaying messages I've seen in BBs.

6. CY02

CY02 Member

OMG... Mavs fans are even more bitter and they are actually posted post on the Dallas official site. Everyone please stuff that guy's e-mail NOW!!!!! :mad:

Oh... Mark Cuban must still be bitter too and allows those things on his site. Stuff his e-mail as well NOW!!!!! :mad:

Collins Column Jan. 4

Let’s face it. Yao Ming is awful. Bad. The best he’ll ever be is all right. In five years, his peak, he’ll average 15 points a game, 6 rebounds a game, and if I made a 7’6” clay statue, it would put up better numbers than that. If the season ended today, he’d probably be somewhere between 6th and 10th in Rookie Of The Year Voting (not voted by the fans), but still, nonetheless, he leads the league in fan All-Star voting. The top 5 in All- Star voting start in each conference, making Yao Ming, who sometimes doesn’t even start for the Rockets, start in the All-Star game. You’re probably thinking, “Are you serious?”

Collins Column Jan. 7

As Ricky Ricardo used to say, “Lucy, you’ve goss some ‘splainin’ to do.” You’re right about that, but don’t call me Lucy. I’ve been called an idiot to much worse than that, got a good geography lesson (The Republic of China and China are not the same), have been told to “just stick to the Mavs” and got a few agreements about my Yao Ming column. Before you scream at me, give me a chance to prove my point, if you’ve already jumped the gun and e-mailed me, still, hear me out. Here’s why I think Yao Ming is awful.

Let’s answer a few questions:
    Who do I think I am making fun of Yao Ming?
    I think I’m me. Yao Ming isn’t a big bad monster and he’s not going to bite my head off if I make fun of him. I personally don’t think he’s very good, so I expressed my opinion about him. It’s becoming apparent that some Yao fans are extremely defensive and watch each other's backs, which is extremely mafia-like. I had no idea what I was getting into when I wrote one bad paragraph about him, but I’m very glad I did it. Why? Well, because I believe what I’m saying.

You don’t think Yao Ming is Rookie Of The Year. How could you possibly think that?
    Well, Amare Stoudemire, Caron Butler, Dajuan Wagner, and Caron Butler are all playing better than him, have better numbers than him, are more valuable to their team, and have better potential to be more dominant in this league. Manu Ginobili, if he weren’t injury plagued, would be on that list, too. They’ve showed that they can play against ANYBODY at their position in the NBA. They haven’t been streaky, as they haven’t been good against the teams who are weak at their position and bad against teams who are strong at their position, they’ve played just as consistently against every team, showing me that they can play with the big boys.

Why isn’t Shawn Bradley on the All-Star Ballot?
    Uhhhh? good question. Your guess is as good as mine.

You must’ve never actually watched Yao play?
    Yeah, I’ve watched a few Rockets games in their entirety through the NBA League Pass. He’s a giant stick who stands under the basket with his hands up, and when he’s at the top of the post he passes it back up top. That’s not talent at all. It’s called being tall.

But he scored 30 points and 16 rebounds against the Mavs, didn’t he? You’re just jealous.
    Yes, he did. And, no, I’m not. Why did he? Because the only healthy big man we had was Shawn Bradley, and he had to rest. There is only so much you can do with one center, so when he came out Yao Ming dominated. It doesn’t take talent to be more than a half a foot taller than the person you're guarding and put the ball in the basket. If you don’t, you don’t deserve to touch a basketball. It’s like holding a ball up over your head and having a three year old jump for it. It’s ridiculous.

And why else is he awful? I’m sure I’ll forget a bunch of what I was going to say, but here goes:
    Okay, first I’ll cut you guys some slack, he’s not the worst player in the league, but he should NOT be in the All-Star Game. He’s no where near as good number-wise, play-wise, or dominating-wise as Shaq.

Speaking of that. Everyone seems to think he will be a dominant force. You can’t be a dominant force if you’re afraid to turn and dunk the ball. He’s afraid to turn around with the ball, and when he does, he goes for a layup or takes a turnaround jumper. You can’t do that if you’re a center and that’s not at all dominating, by any sense of the word. He’s extremely skittish under the basket. When he’s double teamed he gets happy feet and sometimes travels. When he’s double-teamed he takes some steps and passes the ball to the nearest person, covered or not, causing turnovers.

Fans are giving him too much credit for being from overseas. He’s from China and missed a training camp, so what? It’s not like he’s never played basketball before. There are no rule differences from Chinese basketball to American basketball and he’s been holding a basketball ever since he was little. Don’t say, “For a guy from China, he’s playing well. He should make the All-Star game,” because he’s putting up practically the same numbers as Shawn," but he’s not even on the ballot because he’s not from China. It doesn’t make any sense, basketball is basketball wherever you play it.
    br> I totally respect your opinion if you think otherwise, because for a rookie his numbers are good when facing teams with little or no low post presence. I can understand where you're coming from if you mean points are points whoever you’re up against. But still, he’s just a twig, and when he faces some other big man with talent, he just stands there.

I can’t wait for Shaq to demolish him, so you will all see what I’m talking about. If he has more than 24 points in that game on January 17th (and you can hold me to this) I will say I’m wrong and apologize to Yao Ming and all of his fans. In fact, I’ll write a column about how good Yao Ming is because if he can do that to Shaq, he’s good, but he won't. I know, bets against Yao Ming don’t usually work out real well, but you can hold me to this because, you’ll see, Yao Ming is not a good basketball player.

http://www.nba.com/mavericks/news/Collins_Column_Archive

#6 CY02, Jan 10, 2003
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2003
  7. HotRocket

HotRocket Contributing Member

He looks like he is barely a teenager. I don't think there is a reason why we would even have to listen to him. He is a "home town" fan, and you have to suspect these types of things when an opposing team has won so many times versus you.

The same is when we make fun of the Jazz I guess... Though they do suck.

[​IMG]

8. olliez

olliez Contributing Member

Easy pal, this guys is nothing more than a flame bait.

Don't bother to write him. He is not worth your energy or time.

I wonder what he is going to kiss at end of Lakers' game..... :D

9. CY02

CY02 Member

First, I don't believe that a teenager can write such things. And even he can, an official site shouldn't allow such things written there. Come on an official site should be... well official. Did we have "I hate Jazz" column on Rockets site? No.

:mad:

10. HotRocket

HotRocket Contributing Member

Well we sorta did...

http://bbs.clutchcity.net/php3/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28592

Five pages worth...

11. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

Great Post man! :D

Elie Rules.

Amare is good, no doubt about it. But he can't carry a team, he isn't MVP material. Yao Ming is. Ming is the better all around developed player. Amare can jump and hustle, outside of 10ft he is not a threat.

12. vf1a

vf1a Member

13. DLS

DLS Member

Give the kid a break, he's the shortest kid in his school and has serious inferiority issues.

It's halarious how being real tall/long(Yao) is any different from being really big/bulky(Shaq). Basketball is a physical game, therefore about 99% of basketball players in the NBA need to have some sort of physical superiority to the normal Joe just to be in the NBA. Whether it be height, weight, vertical, speed, power.

BS.....Mavs fans are big homers....and young Mavs fans must be incredibly ignorant homers

14. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

Don't blame the kid. He's stupid, but he can have an opinion. Blame the person who put this garbage on an official website, actually allowing him to run a "column". What a joke.

BTW, I believe he's Voteforben on the wavtalk.

15. dwmyers

dwmyers Contributing Member

According to Walton, a former Phoenix Center, Neal Walk, was a pretty darned good player.

Dave

16. myotuneric

myotuneric Member

The only thing I like about their site is that Catherine Zeta Jones' (wrong spelling maybe) pic. ;)

17. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

He is just a kid and he says that he has already recieved 7 e-mails and one death threat. I don't really beleive the death threat cause he seems pretty calm about it. He doesn't need Rocket fans e-mailing him hate and anger. They are just mad because their big three are not in the all star game.

His Thread

Blatz

18. prlen

prlen Member

19. Shot caller

Shot caller Member

Why do I keep asking myself questions and asnwering them? I don't know, I suppose I like myself. Have I watched any Rockets games? Yeah I have watched a couple.
    How does this give me the insight to say the Allstar Center and ROY candidate sucks? Because I am young and I know everything.

Do I give people heaches by writing this way? I am sure I do.

Is Yao dominant in the NBA? Maybe not.

Did he dominate the Mavs, who have the best record in the league? Why, yes he did.

Should our little friend in Dallas get used to that? Yes he should.

Little punk. The way he writes reminds of Seinfeld. "George is getting angry!"

20. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Kids will be kids, even if they say stupid and uninformed things. Funny that he asked "Why isn't Shawn Bradley on the All-Star list", maybe because he was putting up 10 points and 8 boards (not All-Star numbers to begin with), Yao Ming dropped a 30 spot on him and brought down 16 boards and the great Bradley's numbers dipped to 6 ppg and 3 rpg. And how about the excuse he makes for Ming dominating: