1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Oh The Irony!] Rudy Gay Bans Stat Sheets In Raptors Lockerroom

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RedRedemption, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

I haven't conceded anything to you, but if it makes a mental midget like yourself feel better and sleep at night, you can think whatever you want. Are you denying that Rudy Gay has hit numerous game-tying and game-winning shots over the course of his career? If so, how many examples do you want?

I'm not sure what kind of crusade you're on, but it's comical how easy it is to push your buttons. Keep up the angry posts, I'm laughing at how riled up you get. It is interesting, however, how a troll like you wont show your face in the NBA gambling thread where my methodology has a proven track record of success.

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Rudy Gay has hit numerous clutch shots, and he has hit them at a abysmall percentage of 23% of the time.

You are offering nothing other than saying "I've seen Rudy score a lot of game winners"

Are you arguing his stats are wrong? otherwise you have no arguments

3. ArtisGilmore

ArtisGilmore Member

25% in the clutch this year and 27.9% in the clutch with Toronto last year. That's a laughably bad percentage. If you think him having made one shot, or even 5 shots, means he's a clutch player, then please come play poker with me and let me take your money while you try to draw against the odds because you hit a gutshot straight draw once.

I don't care about your gambling success because I can simply look at statistical rankings and have a winrate significantly above 50%. I've done this consistently on Yahoo College Football Pick'em (which is ATS) for years. Again SABR and analytics win.

Bottom line, you're simply a backward ignorant fool who has his head in the sand and can't see that he's already lost because SABR is here to stay and will only get bigger and better.

4. Kwame

Apollo, this is what happens when you interject without even doing a little bit of investigation. The link he provided is for this season only. Did you even bother taking a look at it? The methodology is 4th quarter or overtime, less than 5 minutes left, neither team ahead by more than 5 points for 2013-14. I'm taking about the fact that Rudy has hit numerous game-tying and game winning shots. That is undeniable. If you want to use the numbers he provided, they actually show that the Raptors perform better during those clutch moments when he's on the court, but you wouldn't know that since you didn't even bother to take a look, smh.

Thank you for acknowledging my success. If it's so easy for you to have a win rate "significantly above 50%", why don't you quit your job (if you even have one) and do it for a living then? At the very least, why don't you show up in the NBA gambling thread and start documenting your picks so we can see if you're full of **** or not? After all, it should be easy for you, right....especially considering how you're implying that you're some sort of quantitative whiz. C'mon lil artis, back up your words with actions. My money is on you being full of it.

#44 Kwame, Nov 26, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  5. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Rudy Gay just hit a 3 with 23.7s to go (he was 2/11 6 pts, 7 TOs before that :grin:). Raptors down by 2.

6. ArtisGilmore

ArtisGilmore Member

Again, please come play poker with me, and chase your gutshot straight draws, runner-runner back door flush draws, etc. while I bet at you. After all, you did catch the draws once, right? So you'll catch them again, right?

And no, he's -10.1 net +/- this year, meaning the Raptors play 10.1 points/100 possessions worse than when he's on the floor. Nice effort today by the way. 3/12, 7 turnovers. Under 1 point per shot once again.

I told you I have consistently over 50% winrate at Yahoo College Football pick'em knowing next to nothing about the teams and basically looking at statistical ranking. As to why I don't quit my day job, I'd rather play with other peoples' much larger sums of money at a hedge fund rather than my own.

7. Kwame

I don't play poker.

That's cool, but let me reiterate what I just said:

Why don't you show up in the NBA gambling thread and start documenting your picks so we can see if you're full of **** or not? After all, it should be easy for you. Just come and back up your words with actions. My money is on you being full of it.

#47 Kwame, Nov 26, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  8. ArtisGilmore

ArtisGilmore Member

It's cool that you claim you can make money betting on games (whether you actually have the money on the table is questionable, but w/e), but there are fantasy basketball leagues on Yahoo for money now. Why don't you go play some of those, if you believe in your player evaluation so much. I did that last year and made a nice chunk of money and am doing it again. You can even draft Rudy Gay #1.

9. Kwame

I document my picks and I even post betting slips. There's nothing for me to prove. So what I'm getting from your rather pathetic and cowardly response is that despite your claim of being able to "consistently have an over 50% winrate", you're unwilling to start documenting your picks in order to prove your claim for the rest of us. Got it, thanks. I knew you were full of ****.

10. ArtisGilmore

ArtisGilmore Member

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/college/5983/22

138-116 this year. Yahoo has hidden the results from previous years but above 90%-ile every year. I know next to nothing about college football, especially the obscure teams Yahoo asks you to pick sometimes, and I'm still doing this. Proof enough?

11. ArtisGilmore

ArtisGilmore Member

And you still haven't come up with a real explanation for why 25% shooting in the clutch makes Rudy Gay a clutch player, of course because none exists.

12. Kwame

That's not even a win % of 55%. You claimed that you had a "winrate significantly above 50%." Please don't be dishonest.

13. Sir Geving

Sir Geving Contributing Member

14. ArtisGilmore

ArtisGilmore Member

I've done better previous years, although Yahoo has for some reason hid the results and only shows percentiles. In any case the point remains, if I can get statistically significantly above 50% (54% in this case) by staring at a sheet of numbers and subtracting, then clearly the statistical analysis wins.

Also you are moving the goalposts hard, since you can't explain why Rudy Gay's 25% clutch FG% makes him a clutch player, and your only half-argument that "I saw him make game winning shots" has been laughed off and refuted easily.

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

What do you base this on though? If I say because Gay always shoots so much even the final shot he hits game winners now and again why is your opinion more valid than mine? The stats clearly show his "clutch" rep is all hype.

And let's be honest here the Raps are 6-7. How can he hit more than his fair share of game winners when the Raps lose more than they win? If he was so clutch and hit so many game winners where do all the wins go?

16. da_juice

da_juice Member

I can't believe that at 6-8 Toronto is leading the Atlantic. Think about it, they're going to be a top 4 seed if that stays the same (and play the Hawks I suppose).

Outside of Indy and Miami, the East is a joke.

17. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I was just looking at Gay's stats and noticed he hasn't hit 50% in a game this season.

18. OremLK

OremLK Member

That's not irony, it's just a dumb guy trying to hide his mistakes.

19. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

It won't stay the same, though. Brooklyn is missing two best players, NY is missing its 2nd best player, Detroit has 4 new starters and starting to mesh, Chicago is also probably a better team than Toronto even without Rose. At least some if not all of these teams will end up above Toronto. It would be very surprising if that didn't happen.

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Some people on this board still haven't gotten over the Gay+Stromile for Battier trade. They still has irrational hate on Battier and Morey (for his input on this deal).

Incidentally, the Rockets were to draft Sefolosha if the deal didn't work out. And they laughed off the stupidity of picking Sefolosha over Gay. Looking back, Thabo might well be more useful as a role player than Gay is as a star.