1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Offseason options: Point Guard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by WestendMassive, May 6, 2014.

?

What move do you want to see at PG for the Rockets?

1. Offload Lin & Jones, sign Lowry

124 vote(s)
    33.2%
  2. Trade Lin & Jones for Rondo

155 vote(s)
    41.4%
  3. Sign Patty Mills with the MLE

22 vote(s)
    5.9%
  4. Sign Aaron Brooks for peanuts

24 vote(s)
    6.4%
  5. Other (please specify in thread)

49 vote(s)
    13.1%
  1. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Don't really see much supporting "Market-wise he's definitely not overpaid."

2. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

This is why I think we need a reliable wing who can give Harden/Chandler some rest. We tried lots of them this season, but none who were good enough to take on significant PT. Getting someone like an Ariza who could share the load would answer the question (for me) of whether Harden's lacking defensive effort is b/c he's worn out on the offensive end or whether he flat out doesn't care.

3. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

I like Vasques too. I know he's a great shooter and passer, but how is he on D?

4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I think Isiah Thomas deserves a mention as well.

5. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I think he'd be too much of a defensive liability.

6. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Seriously pleas stop the craps about Lin's marketing value to this team,

when you can not out sell your jersey than Timmy freaking Duncan, its a joke to even mention anything about marketing value.

check the ads of the Rockets for 2014-2015 season tickets :

Heart - Cisco
    Hustle - Bev
    Hunger - Parsons
    Harden - Harden
    Howard - Howard
    History - Rockets

There is no Lin in H-town.

7. dreamfellas21

dreamfellas21 Member

i like Chalmers because he can shoot but i don't think he'd want to leave Miami

8. KlutchQT

Where are you seeing these ads?

9. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

If the Rockets can offload Asik and Lin for Rondo, I will do it in a heartbeat, but obviously this is not going to happen.

If Boston wants Asik + Lin + Parsons or TJ for Rondo and Green, I will think about it but believe at the end Morey will turn it down.

If the Rockets can trade away Asik and Lin for close to nothing but just get the cap space back, I will do it and hope to have enough to sign Lowry to a 3 year deal and keep Parsons long term.

If the Rockets will not get either Rondo or Lowry, then no, I do not want to get a player like *Ryan Fitzpatrick* type, I will rather dump Asik + Lin for some decent bench pieces and really look hard to draft a PG or get one from overseas.

10. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Where are you watching your Rockets game the whole season ?

CSN Houston.

11. KlutchQT

At Toyota Center, using my season tickets. Everybody doesn't have Comcast.

12. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Actually, the ad was produced by Rockets TV so you can see it from other stations also. Whether you have Comcast or not, it does not change the fact that even the Rockets are not expecting Lin to be their selling point for next season.

Just the same situation last season before and after the signing of Howard, Lin was not included in the pitch and the advertising material of the Rockets.

13. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

:p are there a lot of asians there?

14. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

wouldn't taiwan tuning in to watch the rockets be considered part of Lin's marketing value? I think he is used more as an international piece rather than local. Lin isn't there to advertise locally.

15. KlutchQT

Well yeah, I don't think it's any secret that they'd like to move him & Asik... tried to do it all year. I highly doubt Lin or Bev are who the FO has in mind as the answer at PG -- just a matter of what they can make happen, I think.

16. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

There is a thread some time ago with Torocan discussed on Lin's value outside the court already, you can dig it out to find many facts there.

Bottom line, the overseas telecast fee is laughable to be consider as any kind of income stream for the NBA, at this stage, they are basically allow the overseas telecast as the means to promote the league instead of making money. Not to mention all the overseas telecast money will also be distributed among all the teams.

17. makio9

makio9 Member

Not a chance you get Rondo for Lin and Jones.

18. makio9

makio9 Member

An additional 3 first round picks wouldn't get the trade done still.

19. makio9

makio9 Member

wouldn't taiwan tuning in to watch the rockets be considered part of Lin's marketing value? I think he is used more as an international piece rather than local. Lin isn't there to advertise locally.

As somebody who makes money from advertising like Clutch fans from all over the world, I can tell you that Taiwan folk aren't worth even worrying about and the rest of Lin's followers are from similar economies. Even China's dollar value isn't fantastic and that's about the best of them. Anything around South East Asia is not worth anything financially. They would add up to something, but nothing compared to a US fan. Building a wining tam and making US fans happy is by far the best money strategy.

20. makio9

makio9 Member

winning team*