1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Offseason options: Point Guard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by WestendMassive, May 6, 2014.

?

What move do you want to see at PG for the Rockets?

1. Offload Lin & Jones, sign Lowry

124 vote(s)
    33.2%
  2. Trade Lin & Jones for Rondo

155 vote(s)
    41.4%
  3. Sign Patty Mills with the MLE

22 vote(s)
    5.9%
  4. Sign Aaron Brooks for peanuts

24 vote(s)
    6.4%
  5. Other (please specify in thread)

49 vote(s)
    13.1%
  1. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

right..unless they're NBA ready and contribute right away ala-Michael-Carter-Williams

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I am still not convinced Rondo is good for the Rockets. Lowry is the best choice. He can be the proverbial third wheel of this team. (Yes, move over, Parsons.)

On the other hand, Beverley was not 100% healthy during the playoffs. So I wouldn't say that he can't get the job done.

When we talk about the PG situation, it is really about Harden. What you expect from Harden has a lot to do with what kind of PG you want to play alongside him.

3. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Lowry and Rondo will both have major issues with Harden's lack of intensity. Neither guy strikes me as someone who will be patient and slowly try to being Harden up to speed. The first time he dogs it on defense in a regular season game it will begin and it won't be good.

That said, please come back to H-town Lowry.

4. Dwight_Hard

Dwight_Hard Member

Celtics Trade

Chandler Parson, Jeremy Lin, Omer Asik, Second Round Pic
    For
    Rondo, Keith Bogans, Jeff Green & Kelly Olynyk

Sign Okafor in Free Agency to play Back Up Center

5. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

Would Lin and Jones be enough for Rondo?

6. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Well, except he can't really shoot the ball, either.

7. soonerfan7277

soonerfan7277 Member

I love TJ as much as the next guy. He hustles, can handle the ball, and can stretch the floor for Harden and Howard. But imo you aren't going to win a championship with him starting at the 4. The teams in the west that are still playing have 4's that can crush TJ on both sides of the floor. I know that he is only 22 and can develop, but we have a limited window to win a championship being that dwight will be 29 next year. IMO pf is more of pressing need than PG.

8. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

A third option that could possibly turn into 2nd option

[​IMG]

9. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

The 4 teams in the west also have all-star PG's. With McHale's ineptitude coaching the Rockets need someone to control the tempo of games late in the 4th quarter.

10. sutton

sutton Member

WHY Lowery would leave Raptors? He is in best situation there. zerO possibility.

Rondo is possible, with Lin, parson and picks.

11. swattx

swattx Member

I think offloading Lin & Jones for Lowry is the best possible solution. Lowry can play off the ball and hit the open 3 all game as well as initiate the offense when Harden sits.

Once we sign Lowry then trade Asik to Atlanta for Millsap. That's the best possible solution to me at least.

12. soonerfan7277

soonerfan7277 Member

Yes they do have all star pg, but a healthy Bev can gaurd these pgs better than Jones can gaurd these other PF's. How many defensive player of the year did TJ get? Our pg depth is much better than the pf depth on this team.
    (Lin, Bev, and Canaan) vs. (TJ, DMo, and ???) The depth at pf is not going to get us very far in the playoffs

13. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

I agree with you on PF depth. I'm just thinking about the future of the team. We can clearly use an upgrade at PF but I think PG is the more important area to address.

14. Sanity2disChaos

I think this,this and that.....

15. Sanity2disChaos

Milsap would have made a hell of a difference this year (playoffs and Reg. Season)....why we didn't grab him, when I think we could have , is beyond me......Keep Bev at the point for another year and pick up a PF that can defend and score in many ways/play defense like Milsap and you have a contending team....No Lie!

I really think Horford/Milsap will be able to attain in the offseason...

16. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

How could we have gotten Millsap?

We didn't have enough cap room to sign him as a free agent and Danny Ferry wanted no part of Asik and his contract.

17. TheJet

TheJet Member

Wait, hold on. You mean you can love things about a player and be a huge fan and not think he's the best player on the planet? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

:grin:

18. Title99

Title99 Contributing Member

I'm not sold on needing a "3rd star". I think Parsons is good enough to be the 3rd best player on a championship team. We just need to upgrade at the 4 and 1 and bench. I think those upgrades also might be easier than getting a 3rd star.

19. langal

langal Contributing Member

Not sure if this is the position you want to upgrade.

Harden is our defacto point guard and that is not going to change. Getting a start pg could just be a waste of money.

I would just try to offload Lin and get something somewhat comparable like Darren Collison or Farmar for cheap.

20. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Shocking, I know! :p