1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Offseason options: Point Guard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by WestendMassive, May 6, 2014.

?

What move do you want to see at PG for the Rockets?

1. Offload Lin & Jones, sign Lowry

124 vote(s)
    33.2%
  2. Trade Lin & Jones for Rondo

155 vote(s)
    41.4%
  3. Sign Patty Mills with the MLE

22 vote(s)
    5.9%
  4. Sign Aaron Brooks for peanuts

24 vote(s)
    6.4%
  5. Other (please specify in thread)

49 vote(s)
    13.1%
  1. Rockness

Rockness Member

All im gonna say is, despite Beverley being hurt, he didnt do very well and his over aggressiveness cost us as much or more as it gained us. Lin is not going to work alongside a ball hog and inconsistent play. Lowry is not walking through that door, neither is Curry, Rondo or any other good PG. What PG would want to play here if they are not going to run the offense most of the time..

1 person likes this.
  2. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Whoever our PG is really depends on our other moves.

For example, if we sign Melo, we would probably stick with Bev. Same if we were to trade for Love.

Then the only other big time offseason moves would probably involve inquiring a PG. Of we trade for Milsap then we'd probably try to sign Lowry. Or we would use our main trade pieces to get Rondo.

So our roster should be one of these:

Sign Melo-
    Bev
    Harden
    Parsons
    Melo
    Howard

Trade for Love-
    Bev
    Harden
    FA
    Love
    Howard

Trade for Milsap/sign Lowry-
    Lowry
    Harden
    Parsons
    Milsap
    Howard

Trade for Rondo-
    Rondo
    Harden
    Parsons/FA if CP is involved
    TJones
    Howard

My top two options would be sign Melo or trade for rondo. I wouldn't wanna trade for Love when we could possibly sign him next year. I think any of those options drastically improves this team though.

3. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Acquiring* not inquiring lol

4. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I've liked Sessions for a couple years - primarily b/c he gets to the basket and draws fouls. I really never knew what kind of defensive player he was. I did look up his DRPM the other day, and he has a HORRID number - like Aaron Brooks bad. So, I suppose defense is what's holding him back. Given that.....not a great fit for the Rockets.

That said, there's plenty of evidence that Lin is overpaid. For heaven's sake, the 6th Man of the Year, Jamal Crawford, only makes $5.75M a year, $2.25M less than Jeremy. I honestly don't know what the Rockets were thinking with Lin's contract. Not Morey's best moment.

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Rondo is the only one with the right attitude.

6. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

I'd be open to taking a look at Brandon Knight from Milwaukee.

He's young (22) and is a great athlete at 6'3" 190. He has the physical tools to be a good defender (admittedly I haven't watched many Milwaukee games to speak knowledgeably about his defensive effort and prowess) without being a liability on offense. He shot 38% and 37% from three his first two seasons in Detroit. He had a bad year shooting in Milwaukee as the primary option hitting only 32.5% but I'd imagine the open looks he'd get here would get his percentages back to the high 30s.

If Lin is traded I'd be open to taking a look at him in a trade. I think he could be attainable without giving up too much especially if Milwaukee takes a pg in the first round.

7. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

BWAHAHAHA I got an anonymous rep for this and a comment that says

"felton is still better than lin. everybody knows this after this year lin got exposed to the world. r.i.p."

if you really think that felton is better than lin the why don't you please say it out loud? LOL

8. ihatekobe

ihatekobe Member

Mario charmers

9. ihatekobe

ihatekobe Member

10. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

Keep Lin, start him and tell Harden to play shooting guard. Bev can back up Jeremy.

11. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

Felton is not better than Lin. Someone like Conley however is superior to Lin

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Don't you love those chicken**** anonymous reps?

13. Sanity2disChaos

Trade for Milsap/sign Lowry-
    Lowry
    Harden
    Parsons
    Milsap
    Howard

Id love this line-up.....Would take a lot of moves and leave holes to fill and I think Parsons would be gone but I like it.

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't see the point of changing out the PG unless it's for a clear upgrade. Lin and Beverley are pretty decent point guards. Rondo is better, so I'd pick him up if I could. Patty Mills or Aaron Brooks though? That's a lateral move at best, so why bother? I'd even hesitate at Lowry -- he's a bit better, but I think you also take on additional chemistry risk and injury risk to the point that I'm not sure it's enough of an upgrade to bother with. I'll be fine if we go into next season with Beverley/Lin if we manage to shore up shooting guard, small forward, and power forward.

15. cxdom

cxdom Rookie

I would go with Mills. He is a very efficient scorer and shooter. His Per is is very good and we could get him on the cheap. If he can continue his efficient play in extended minutes, he would be the steal of free agency. He seems like he fits the bill of the type of player Morey would go after.