1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Officially the WORST record in the league

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Apr 12, 2021.

1. apatel123

apatel123 Member

from worst to first... spurs did it with Tim Duncun. why not us?

don grahamleone likes this.
  2. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

John Wall or any current player on the roster is nowhere near the equivalent of a David Robinson, Ralph Sampson, or Dave Cowens that can help do a single year turnaround with a new rookie.

Houstonharden likes this.
  3. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I would be stunned if any team ever does that again because in this age of one and done draftees I don't see any rookie stepping onto a NBA team and making them that much better in one year.

4. Le$$

Le$$ Member

No the team is not tanking , obviously they suck, and in 4 critical stats columns they are getting beat by every team they face. Look at the box scores, i mean if its not turnovers, its Field Goal % and seems like there getting out rebounded all the time. 54-35 in the last game. Some where in there 2nd chance points probably.

In the indy game they played 2 great final quarters, but just didnt have a real star to push them over the top. Even when Kelly and Wood scored 25 a piece. Why is this, no real bench. 3 players scoring 30 a pop not gonna win games w/ no bench. There is really no star player yet on this team. The turnovers are just piling up because there young. Avery Bradley with 5 points off the bench? lol

Just look at all these games points on turnovers . It will get better someday, just not this year.

5. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I don't expect "worst to first" next season but I do expect significant improvement - "Worst to respectability" assuming they keep this lottery pick.

There's just too much talent on this roster .... they aren't as bad as their record suggests.

When I expect them to make a big leap is the following season (22-23) , when both Wall & EG are expiring contracts & can be dealt for an alpha or at the latest that offseason when they have that $70million coming off the books.

6. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

3-4 years sounds more accurate if we're going from lottery bound to playoff contenders. Just glancing at some of the top draft picks and their impacts:
    -Lebron - 3 years
    -Curry - 4 years
    -Durant - 3 years
    -Dwight - 4 years
    -Rose - 3 years
    -Kyrie - 4 years
    etc.

Simmons did it in 2 1 years, but they already had Embiid and were technically 4 years into The Process. Similar case with the Westbrook/Harden Thunder.

don grahamleone and D-rock like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, the season started with some wins.

8. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I think if we don't get at least two top 5 picks to kick this rebuild off we're going to be utterly ****ed for a decade or more. And we'll need to hit on both of them.

9. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Obviously the more talent you can have on rookie contracts the better .... but I don't think it's the end of the world if they don't get two guys in the top 5 in the next two drafts even if that is the ideal scenario.

Just as important , if not more so is the development of the players already on the team , particularly Wood & Porter.

Then there's Tate , I don't know what his ceiling is ..... I'd like to see him running the offense when Porter isn't.

D-rock likes this.
  10. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

We need our Tank Commander John Wall back.

Corrosion likes this.
  11. Williamson

None of those guys are as talented as Embiid or Simmmons and yet here we are again not really even entertaining the idea that the 76ers can win it all. I'll grant you that if we do manage to keep our pick and somehow get the #1 and Cunningham proves to be a top 5 talent, Wood and Porter Jr have the potential to grow to be decent 2nd and 3rd options. Although I'm concerned Porter Jr is really only built to have the ball in his hands ala James Harden or even Jeremy Lin. Guys like that can't thrive in a secondary role.

I really like Tate but I'd be shocked if he is ever more than a super role-player.

D-rock likes this.
  12. Williamson

Are you trolling? They had an MVP who got injured and didn't play that season. And they had Sean Elliott sitting out that year too. So Tim Duncan showed up on day 1 with David Robinson and Sean Elliott as teammates. Christian Wood is pretty good. He's not on that level. And of course that's without getting into the fact that Timmy was a 4 year college guy and that doesn't exist anymore. Or that he was also an all-time great. And we're not guaranteed an all-time great by any stretch of the imagination...

Whew.

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

And Minny wins, and back to last we go!
    DD

14. crenshaw

crenshaw Member

this hurts. to have fallen to this so quick. crossing my fingers we can get a pick that we want and bounce back next year.

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

meanwhile the real Knicks are 4th in the East with an 8-game winning streak