1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Yankees @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Mattician

Mattician Member

Beating the Yankees is fun.

2. Buck Turgidson

This is too true.

You have to take your chances when they're there, with a team like the Stros you may never get another one.

I usually hate the b!tching about base coaches, hitting coaches, pitching coaches, etc....but I do question Pettis for whatever that's worth.

3. cardpire

cardpire Member

It will never cease to blow my mind that Dallas Keuchel is a bona fide stud.

Hope he strengthens his case to start the ASG even further in his final couple starts leading up. I honestly have no read on his national perception in comparison to Gray and Archer (are they considered "bigger names"?), but the eternally slighted Houston sports fan mentality in me just assumes that anybody else close would get the nod over him.

He deserves it though.

4. cardpire

cardpire Member

Eh, I guess Archer has a better case right now. Maybe he gets blown up in his next few starts.

5. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Really big game from Altuve yesterday. He's been in a bad funk over the last month and half. and I keep hoping for him to return to somewhere near last years form.

I've mentioned it in other threads, I don't expect it to happen, but i sure hope it does. He doesn't need to compete for a batting title to be valuable, if he could just stabalize as a .300 hitter with a .340 OBP that would be huge.

6. DaChamp

DaChamp Member

He looked like he was running much better for the first time in 3 weeks. He gets quite a few hits from beating out in-field dribblers, so that's an important part of his game, and it likely gives him confidence at the plate (when he's running better, he's swinging better).

7. Buck Turgidson

Which hamstring was giving him problems?

8. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Agreed, need him to hit a good amount of doubles similar to last year though too. 35-40 doubles would be great.

9. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Fun game to go to as well. Keuchel was just awesome. A day after 13 innings and travel, they needed him and he was great. Also nice to see the rest of the lineup pitch in while Springer and Correa are in mini-slumps.

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5 game lead over the Rangers

11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Angels technically in 2nd place.

12. Buck Turgidson

Heck yeah, gotta get your money's worth with the dynamic pricing.

Will they be discounting tickets to the Red Sox since they suck this year?

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Just wanted to say....that was quite satisfying....the Beard had them mystified with that changeup...making them look downright bamboozled at times.

14. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Singleton plays tonight?

15. cardpire

cardpire Member

Probably

16. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Look for a Singleton/Carter platoon.

17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Screw the platoon. I want to give Singleton a real look. If he can replace Carter's inconsistency with a steady bat, that would be HUGE for this lineup.

18. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

I mean I agree with you but I don't see it happening.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;I think having the lefthanded power bat who can play first base can complement what we have right now,&quot; Luhnow said of Singleton.</p>&mdash; Jose de Jesus Ortiz (@OrtizKicks) <a href="https://twitter.com/OrtizKicks/status/614501310193385472">June 26, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;He’ll probably eat into a little bit of Carter’s playing time and probably eat into a little of Gattis’ playing time,&quot; Luhnow said.</p>&mdash; Jose de Jesus Ortiz (@OrtizKicks) <a href="https://twitter.com/OrtizKicks/status/614501573373370368">June 26, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

Qualls on DL 15, Singleton coming up???? I hope singleton plays well to burn a fire under Carter to start playing good again.