1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] World Series Phillies vs. Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 28, 2022.

1. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

lol why?

Dude gives major clown vibes.

whiskeyred and CK Johnson like this.
  2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I follow Ben but yeah he gets wayyy to invested emotionally. I know we all do but he tweets every frustrating thought in his mind and goes overboard at times.

KelvinCato13 likes this.
  3. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Dude if 99 percent of people were objective, I wouldn’t have people screaming at me to shut up or not say things like that if people are in agreement with me right? I don’t really get your point and it seems even weirder to single me out if 99 percent of people are saying what I am saying

5. punkoholic

punkoholic Member

Game 5 would be Verlander right? He can redeem himself and get his 1st WS win lol. Also, I don't expect Nola to have another stinker so maybe he gets a no decision lol.

6. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

I don’t understand why we struggle in World Series…Phillies is a wild card team….But Astros will still win World Series. Phillies don’t have good pitching…

7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Sat is a must win.

Please win Sat.

That’s it.

whiskeyred and Dopamine like this.
  8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Yes they can. And the Astros can win each of the next 3 games. Especially with the Phillies going all out to get this one. The problem is that requires the offense to show up. We're not winning the World Series if we're relying on Tucker and Maldy to drive in all our runs.

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I think it's like being the designated driver but you forgot how to get home. He understand the job he just lost the directions. Trey is not drunk, he's lost.

everyday eddie likes this.
  10. HTM

HTM Member

Altuve could show up any day now

CK Johnson likes this.
  11. punkoholic

punkoholic Member

The guy who's pitching tomorrow is pretty good. Also how was Syndergaard against Houston this year? Although no idea if he's a a starter or a reliever for them. But the key is tomorrow. Game 3 and 4 is winnable buy don't want to be down 2-0

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

statmuse scarface dummy did the math 99% of cf's. don't refute. it's accurate

13. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I had a sick feeling we were doomed after Verlander got the first 3 runs and wasn't pulled. I wanted him pulled then. It was like deja vu all over again when the runs kept coming and coming. Ugh. Our inconsistency at batting didn't give me much hope after that. I figured we had gotten our 5 runs for the night with our streaky batters. Hopefully Altuve and Alvarez get on fire soon. I have no hopes for designated hitters. Maybe it's time for Dubon or Meyers to come in. They can't be any worse than Mancini.

everyday eddie and solid like this.
  14. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

i can't live in a world of astros anarchy. fix this ****!

15. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

16. TheresTheDagger

It's becoming clear to me just how important being the "hot" team in the playoffs is.

It's how we won OUR only WS and we've lost 2 to another "hot" team and are now down 0-1 (not over by any means) to another.

It can over come ANY disadvantage.

conquistador#11 and mkahanek like this.
  17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Assuming there is a Game 5(God help us if Philly sweeps the Astros!), the best I'm hoping for is a no decision for Verlander. He just folds in the World Series. He's never gonna get a better opportunity than tonight to win a game and he still managed to cough it up. All he had to do was get through 5 innings and give up only 4 runs and he would've had it.

18. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Maybe you are on to something. God punishing the Yankees too since we bend them over a table every series. So, they must have been cheating too.

Seriously. We need this series. I am tired of this perceived asterisk for 2017. But the media and other schmucks will never drop it. We need another trophy to jam down their throats and say “see a*******, we are legit”. Come on Altuve, have some f’ing pride. Pick your sack up and have one of your 7-12 streaks with 3 bombs including a walk-off. We are all itching for it.

19. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

because you and yolo were the only ones tonight saying "see! philly is tough told yall" as the astros lost. astros fans knew they'd be tough. you're taking a handful of comments by arrogant astros fans and acting like it was 50/50 people saying it'd be tough vs astros sweep it was more like 99/1 on that ratio

20. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

This is a heart breaking loss. No other way to put it. I don’t see how they rebound from this. They had a 5-0 lead with our Ace on the mound. And we lost. It’s not just losing, it’s the way we lost.

I love this team and will stay optimistic, but I just don’t see how they realistically can come back from this. Especially with ZERO production from DH and Altuve and Yordan slumping.

I hope they turn it around, I’m just not setting myself up for more heartbreak.