1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official VP Debate Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rimrocker, Oct 3, 2016.

1. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I'm interested to see how Kaine will do and if his persona translates well to one-on-one debate. I suspect Pence will eventually go into radio talk show mode, but we'll see if he can bring some sanity to the ticket.

2. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

This is like the NIT tournament - no one except for the participants really cares about it.

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Pence will try to hide behind words like dignity and integrity whenever asked about Trump's uglier dealings. If Trump goes low, Pence has to pretend to aspire higher...or at least weasel around it.

Word is that he chose Walker as the stand-in for Kaine during his prep. Birds of a feather...

4. Major

Major Member

This seems unnecessary. Mike Pence already won.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...r-kaine_us_57f43b67e4b04c71d6f0c7bd?section=&

RNC Proclaims Mike Pence The Winner More Than An Hour Before The Debate

More than an hour before the vice presidential debate had even begun, Indiana Gov. Mike Pence (R) had already schooled Sen. Tim Kaine (D-Va.).

At least that’s according to the Republican National Committee, which mistakenly posted a glowing review of the GOP nominee’s performance on its website Tuesday evening, long before the debate started.

“Americans from all across the country tuned in to watch the one and only Vice Presidential debate. During the debate we helped fact check and monitor the conversation in real time @GOP,” read a statement on the RNC website. “The consensus was clear after the dust settled, Mike Pence was the clear winner of the debate.”

[​IMG]
    HUFFPOST
    The RNC also helpfully summed up Pence’s “top moments,” including exchanges on the economy and “Hillary’s scandals” ― none of which had happened. At least, not then.

“Mike Pence made the most of his opportunity to debate Hillary’s VP pick Tim Kaine,” added the statement on the RNC website, since taken down.

In another post published early, but soon taken down, the RNC proclaimed, “It’s Clear Who Lost the VP Debate, Hillary Clinton.”

No pressure, governor!

5. CCorn

CCorn Member

Dammit. They spoiled the debate! Now I have no reason to watch.

6. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is this like the Olympics? Were the VP Debates also held in Rio?

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Was RocketsLegend involved in that?

8. Pringles

Pringles Member

Kaine did not answer the first question at all....

9. CCorn

CCorn Member

What pin is Kaine wearing?

10. edwardc

edwardc Member

Why won't pence answer the question.

11. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

Blue Star families (families of those serving in the military)

CCorn likes this.
  12. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

Kaine visibly wants to bash Pence's head in.

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I heard that pence and trump got held at gunpoint at a gas station

14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think this debate is neutral. Those that agree more with Kaine probably like the points he's making more, and those that agree with Pence probably think he's doing doing better.

The presidential debate only had one candidate who knew what they were talking about and up to the task. This debate actually has two candidates that are actually able to discuss the issues.

Obviously I'm biased against Pence. But I think Kaine's point about other people being dumb according to Trump, and how Trump hasn't paid taxes and therefore hasn't paid his share of money to support the military etc. It's only a good point based on Trump's ridiculous comments about it.

15. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Tim Kaine is talking to suburban women. Mike Pence is talking to suburban men.

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Pence has this strange seriousness to him. His smile is so intense

17. CCorn

CCorn Member

He reminds me of a TV politician on HBO

18. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Had to pause it during a phone call, so I'm about 15 minutes behind, but an interesting note in that Kaine is now the one interrupting all the time, so that role has switched sides.

19. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Pence is like "nay cuz, we didn't say that" "why u always lying".

20. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

I do agree that Trump should probably release his tax returns, but Kaine's statement that candidates need to release them to prove that they are qualified to be President is certainly not true. Nothing in a tax return really indicates that, one way or the other.