1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Victor Wembanyama as a Spurs thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TimDuncanDonaut, Jun 24, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Lol my man didn’t have to worry about anyone putting him on a poster in the French league

2. i3artow i3aller

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Crapanyama, he just running around…

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that's brutal :D

roslolian and JayGoogle like this.
  5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

also brutal but just uncalled for

6. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

I am not going to claim that Wembanyama is a bust for a simple summer league game. You don't evaluate that kind of talent for a simple game.
    But... I don't want to imagine what the idiots who criticize our young talents would be saying if the Rockets had taken Wembanyama and he had a debut like yesterday.

7. withmustard

withmustard Member

I mentioned it before, but I can see Wemby getting 6 Blocks a game, and still being a defensive liability. His positional defense was alarming, like YMCA amateur bad. I blame his motor and IQ. It's not about him missing shots, he showed me that his heart and his head are not even at YMCA level yet.

I know it's one summer league game, but effort and IQ should never fluctuate, it's one of the few things all pros should bring every game, especially effort for the first game.

8. phasors28

phasors28 Member

Remember when Yao debuted and folks were calling him a bust? Way too early to know about Wemby.

AroundTheWorld and clos4life like this.
  9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

People mocking his first game is a bit uncalled for, especially as Rockets fans who watched Yao really struggle early on before finding his groove.

But Wemby being a douchebag - there's evidence for it. The fist pump when the Rockets got the 4th pick? Douchey. The way he handled and reacted to Britney Spears getting backhanded by his security guard? Double Douchey.

There is a diva-like quality he has that he hasn't yet earned. I think he's going to be a star, but I also think he's not going to be well liked.

clos4life and macho GRANDE like this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

You're saying this while wearing Rockets-colored glasses, though.

Dude is 19. Dude had cameras catching his instant reaction to not being on one of the worst teams in professional basketball for the last 3 years. Dude should have been coached better by the PR that's within the Spurs, regarding the Britney incident.

Not trying to absolve Wemby of all blame, but for some posters to call Wemby a douche based off very, very, VERY mild things? Easily fixable things, at that? Y'all crazy.

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I doubt that Britney could have reached Wemby's shoulder even if she jumped.

matty101 and DreamShook like this.
  13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You're looking for the Spurs forum.

AroundTheWorld and Salvy like this.
  14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

they want this dude to succeed so badly. they are really playing in our face, lol

15. i3artow i3aller

16. wlekfjv923n

wlekfjv923n Member

To me, this speaks to how amazing Lebron was. He had unbelievable hype around him coming to the NBA and HE MET THOSE EXPECTATIONS. He's now in the conversation for the greatest of all time. This is not a given or automatic, you gotta have crazy mentality and character to take on all those pressure and expectations and actually meet those expectations. I could never in a million years deal with that type of pressure. I mean that milisecond where Wemby celebrated when Rockets didn't get the first pick is being used again him, crazy

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

No pressure kid

18. clos4life

clos4life Member

The KFC radio guy is right, there might not be a worse way to start your career than antagonize one of the biggest music stars alive. That plus the fact he is an entitled douchebag will make his career much harder to start with than needs to. Remember people, artists can remain relevant for decades, like Brittney Spears, swallow your undeserved pride and make the apology.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

The kid has an unbelievably rare combination of talent for his size: extremely quick hands, a super lengthy frame, good ball handling skills, and shoot. It's crazy to call jhim a bust after just one SL game. He does need to hit the weight room and adopt an American diet.

wlekfjv923n likes this.